Favorite Fragrances for Autumn/Winter


Now that it's starting to get cool out, I've been changing up the fragrances I've been wearing regularly to some that are warmer and spicier for the fall and winter seasons. Today I'm sharing my top favorite perfumes for the cooler months! 

Notes: Italian lemon, orange bergamot, Moroccan tea, Kashmir wood, and wild figs

1. Nest Indigo: This has been one of my favorite cold-weather fragrances for a few years now. It smells so warm and cozy! It's a hard one to describe, but I would classify it as warm and spicy. I don't know where the "spice" comes from, but it's definitely there. The first couple of notes are citrus, but I don't get citrus at all with this one. That makes it seem like it's going to be a fresh fragrances, but it's definitely not that - more dark and sultry. And that bottle! Many people love Nest Black Tulip for fall, but I prefer Indigo - Black Tulip is sweeter which is not my taste. This is a true perfume as opposed to an eau de toilette, and a very affordable option! Only $76 for 1.7 ounces, where many other EDP's can run you at least twice that for a single ounce.

Notes: ginger, rose, jasmine closed buds, rangoon creeper, tuberose, patchouli, musks, osmanthus

2. Gucci Bloom Nettare di Fiori: This fragrance is widely hated by my family members, and while Kenny won't say he doesn't hate it, he definitely doesn't love it. 😂 To me, this smells like a bougie old lady in a fur coat and massive Celine sunglasses. It's a very heavy floral, but there's something that just smells expensive about it. It's long-lasting and the dry down is feminine and powerful. If you're in the market for something a little less polarizing, I also like the original Gucci Bloom and Gucci Bloom Acqua di Fiori.

Notes: ambrette seeds, sea salt, sage

3. Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt: This a great crisp and fresh scent that complements the feeling of a crisp, fresh fall day. It's woodsy but light, and a good daytime scent.

Notes: white musks, benzoin, caramel accord

4. Prada Candy: I don't know why I personally consider this a cold-weather pefume, I just do! It's the only sweet perfume I own, and I initially hated it! I would always receive sample vials for free with orders from Sephora, Nordstrom, etc. and I would always keep trying it, and eventually I just liked it. 😂 The fragrance family is "warm and spicy" and while I definitely get the warm aspect, but not so much the spicy aspect. Maybe that's what makes it lean more fall/winter to me, though! The musks make it so sexy and bring down the sweetness enough so that it isn't some spun sugar fragrance you'd expect a little girl to be wearing from Bath & Body Works.

Notes: freesia, mirabelle, oak moss

5. Chloé Nomade: This is the strongest fragrance I own, a little goes an extremely long way! When I wear it, I don't even use a full spray, I do a teeny tiny partial spritz on my wrists and my neck. You can go overboard with it fast! I don't see how you could ever use up a multi-ounce bottle of it, I have a travel size bottle and a one-ounce bottle that I've barely made a dent in! If you prefer something a little less intense, you could go with the EDT version. This is also one of the most unique fragrances I've ever tried, it's difficult to describe! It's extremely intoxicating, slightly warm, floral, but also woodsy. You really have to try it to understand! This one really makes a statement.

Notes: red berries, cardamom, cedarwood, moss

6. Replica Autumn Vibes: I was so intrigued by this fragrance when it came out back in the summer that I ordered it immediately! It's unlike anything I've ever smelled, very woody and musky - definitely autumn vibes! It would do well as a candle too. If you're looking for more fall fragrances from Replica, I also like Whispers in the Library (warm and spicy, smells like old books) and By the Fireplace (warm and sweet, smells like roasting marshmallows at a bonfire).

Notes: bergamot, citrus accord, neroli, bamboo, nashi pear, lily of the valley, lotus flower, peony, balsa wood, sandalwood, amber

7. Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline: This is not an inherently "fall" fragrance, but it has always lent itself to fall and winter in my opinion. I would describe it as a cozy floral, although it is not a warm scent, it has a freshness about it. The first two notes are citrus-based, but I would not describe it as citrusy at all. It's a teeny bit woody and lasts a good while on the skin. I also like spraying it on the sleeves of sweaters and the smell lingers longer that way! 

One thing that I feel like I'm missing from my autumn/winter perfume collection is a good tobacco-based fragrance! I've tried Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but it didn't do the trick for me. If you know of a good one, let me know!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments