Trend Spotlight: Pleather


Doesn't all that black just make you swoon? An all-black ensemble is one of the few outfits that can be timeless, edgy, sleek, and feminine all at once. Throw some faux leather in the mix, and you've got a perfect look for fall and winter! Pleather has been everywhere for the past several years, and I don't think it's going anywhere. I love adding a leather piece (real or faux) to an outfit to give it some variety of texture and a bit of edge, whether I'm going to the office or a movie. Faux leather is more affordable than genuine leather I've been seeing more great faux leather pieces than ever this year, so today I'm sharing my favorites!


One of the pieces that I've had in my closet for the longest is a faux leather skirt. I have a plain one, as well as a pleated one and I get lots of wear out of both of them! For something a bit more office-friendly, I love this pencil skirt that also comes in a beautiful rich camel shade. 


An absolute staple for me is a pair of black heeled knee-high boots. This pair has been my absolute favorite for years! Normally, I'd opt for genuine leather when it comes to shoes, but the reason I love these is because the shaft is more narrow than most knee-high boots you can find, so it provides a much sleeker silhouette. These are very comfortable and easy to walk in because they have a block heel that's the perfect height.


Another faux leather piece that I've had in my wardrobe for many years is a moto jacket. I have one in black as well as taupe, and they always add the perfect finishing touch to any outfit I add them to! I have older versions of this one and this one and I love them both. For something a little different, I also like this trucker jacket.


If you follow even a few fashion bloggers, then I'm sure you've seen just about all of them wearing Spanx faux leather leggings over the past few years. While I love the Spanx ones, my favorites are these from Aerie! I only wear faux leather leggings casually, so a more affordable pair is what I prefer. They're usually on sale from between $30 and $40, and they come in six colors.


For something dressier than leggings, I absolutely LOVE black coated denim. It's not technically faux leather, but it gives the same vibe and it so flattering. I wear these black coated jeans to work at least once a week when it's cold out! 


I hope you have a fun and safe Halloween weekend! I don't have a costume this year, but I'll definitely be donning some faux leather leggings and my favorite skull sweater to cozy up with a fall-themed cocktail and a scary movie!


xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.


No comments