Floral Midi Dress + My Sweater Tucking Trick



Finally, my first fall fashion post! October is always a whirlwind of a month, so I've hardly had any time to take photos! Today I'm sharing an outfit I wore to work recently and then straight to a dinner date with Kenny. It features one of my favorite fall fashion "hacks" which I'll explain below.

Similar dresses 1, 2, 3, 4 | Sweater (similar) | White booties

So let's talk about my sweater tucking trick - I do this when there's a dress I want to turn into a "skirt." You can do it with mini dresses or longer dresses, and it works best with a sweater that's at least a little bit oversized. All you need is a belt! It doesn't matter what the belt looks like, as long as it fits around your natural waist - I use this inexpensive one from Amazon. On top of your dress, fasten the belt around your waist with a little slack. Then put on your sweater, and tuck the hem of it up into the belt from underneath. Voilà! It usually takes a little adjustment to get it to look right, try not to also tuck your dress up into the belt along with the sweater because that can cause everything to slip out. This is one of my favorite "fashion hacks" to take summer dresses into fall and winter!


This sweater
was one of the top-selling items in the Nordstrom anniversary sale, and it's definitely a favorite of mine this year! It's hard to catch in stock, but I found a great affordable similar option from one of my other favorite sweater brands (currently on sale for $42), and it comes in seven pretty fall colors.


Where do you stand on the white bootie trend? I absolutely love this pair, but I'm not sure how much white booties suit my personal style - I always feel a little silly in them for some reason. 😂 I like them with this outfit, though!


I hope you have the best weekend! I have some fun fall festivities planned, Kenny and I are hoping to go to an apple orchard that we like to visit every year for their fall harvest celebration if the weather cooperates. We're also planning on visiting the recently-reopened Blue Ridge Tunnel up in the mountains with my parents because we've been dying to see it! I also may try mixing up some new fall cocktail recipes...

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments