Happy Hour: Spiked Cold Brew

This is a drink that I've had on my mental "to recreate" list for a long time. It was inspired by a drink I had at Soho South in Savannah on our trip last February. Everyone who has visited Savannah knows that one of the many unique features of the city is that you can drink alcohol in public downtown. I'm in the business of trying as many unique cocktails as possible, so when I saw a cold brew cocktail and it was conveniently still the morning hours, I knew I had to try it. As soon as I did, I knew I had to concoct my own version. 

So I did! I present to you, the espresso martini's down-to-earth cousin: spiked cold brew! It's the perfect addition to your brunch cocktail lineup, and a great complement to the usual mimosas and Bloody Marys. And hey, if you're in a city that allows open containers in public (Memphis, New Orleans, Vegas...), mix one up in your favorite to-go cup and hit the streets (on foot, obviously).


Stemless wine glasses

Ingredients: 

  • 8oz cold brew or iced coffee
  • 2oz of your favorite vodka (you could do flavored, too - vanilla, caramel, etc.)
  • 1oz Kahlua 
  • Simple syrup, to taste 
  • 1oz half and half (or your favorite creamer) 

Directions: 

Combine all ingredients over ice! Or if you're fancy, shake them in a cocktail shaker and strain over ice.

I'm typically a black coffee drinker, however this probably isn't a drink that you want to drink 'black.' Adjust the cream and sweetener to your taste, and drink up! You could also add more coffee to reduce the strength of the cocktail, and increase the coffee flavor. 

If you try this recipe I hope you love it, let me know if you do! CHEERS!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments