7 Winter Wardrobe Essentials

GUYS! Today is the two-year anniversary of Shenandoah Sugar (this is my 284th post)! I thank everyone who has been reading along for the past two years, whether you know me personally or came across one of my posts on Pinterest. I'm so grateful for your support and love sharing my life and favorites with you. I look forward to many more posts! XOXX!

In the wintertime (especially the cold, dead, post-holiday part of winter we're currently in), I find myself gravitating to the same wardrobe staples constantly just to make it through. Today I wanted to share my top winter wardrobe essentials that I wear constantly around this time of year when it's freezing outside and light, breezy summer dresses are a distant memory.

1. Classic coat: A classic, dressier coat is one of the classiest winter pieces in my opinion. When your outfit is covered up while you're out and about, your coat does most of the talking, so make it pretty! I recommend having a black one and a camel one, because then you have the basic neutrals covered and have something to match every outfit. Nothing is easier to throw on than an all black outfit with a black coat on top, and it looks so badass. I got this coat this year in both black and camel and love it so much, but I've linked a bunch of other favorites above.
 
 
2. Puffer coat: I love a good long puffer coat - they're extra warm since they cover your butt, and they look chic over any casual outfit. There are some days when a dressier coat just won't cut it! I love this one because it's lined and has down fill, and both the hood and the faux fur detailing are removable, so it can have whatever look you want.
 
 
3. Layering turtleneck: I wear a slim-fitting turtleneck at least a few days a week, I'm wearing one as I type this! They're perfect for layering underneath blazers, coats, ponchos, or cardigans, and really easy to tuck in (I'm not a fan of bodysuits). My favorite is this one from H&M - it's under $20 and comes in seven neutral colors.

 
4. Sweater dress: I loooove a good sweater dress in the winter! They're easy to put on and look put together and still feel cozy, and pair well with any shoes and accessories your heart desires.  They're super easy to throw on with a pair of boots for the office, or sneakers and a hat on the weekend. I featured my favorite one in Monday's post, and it's still on sale. My old lady trick of the trade is that I always wear nude hose with skirts and dresses in the winter to add a little bit of a barrier from the cold air. I know a lot of people hate hose but I don't mind them at all.
 

5. Warm & stylish boots: When my feet get cold, there's no getting warm again, so warm boots are a must when spending any length of time outside in the wintertime. I love a pair that's stylish and contributes to your outfit while also keeping you warm. My very favorites are the J.Crew Nordic boots - they're SO warm and super cute, they come in three colors, each of which comes with two different sets of laces so you can switch up your style. I also love these little lace up Uggs - they're cute with leggings and feel like you're wearing slippers. Did you know they made shearling-lined Bean Boots, too? SO warm and waterproof!

6. Wool socks: I wear wool socks whenever I'm wearing boots in the fall and winter! They're super soft and cozy, and help keep you warm. My favorites are the trail socks from Costco - you can get a pack for around $20 if you have a Costco membership, or they're also available on Amazon (for a premium).

7. Beanie: While a beanie doesn't go with every outfit, they're great to have to throw on when you're heading out on the weekend or your hair needs to be washed but you're trying to go one more day. Carhartt beanies have always been my favorite, and they're having a major moment right now! Plus you can steal them from share them with your husband.


I hope you have a great weekend! Kenny's going home to celebrate his mom's retirement, so I locked my brother down to hang out with me all weekend. 😂 I'm sure there will be cookies and cocktails in store, we will be quite content.

xoxx, Laura


No comments