December Favorites

It's the first favorites post of the year! I have some good ones from December, and on Friday I'll be back with my 2020 favorites, so stay tuned for that one! (Read my 2019 favorites here.) It's so hard to narrow down my yearly favorites, I always feel like I'm forgetting some because they're so obvious that I don't even consider them! But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's talk December favorites: 


  1. Plaid knotted headband: It's no secret that I love a knotted headband, and this black plaid one is so fun for winter. It's perfect for the holidays, but not so Christmassy-looking that you can't wear it beyond the holiday season. It's a great piece to add to spice up a neutral outfit. 
  2. Amazon lounge pants: I got these pants on a whim expecting them to be your regular fleece sweatpants, but they're actually a super soft, stretchy jersey material and I ended up LOVING that. They're so comfy to lounge around in and sleep in, too. They come in seven colors, and a wide leg version if that's more your thing. 
  3. Gourmet almonds: I spotted these on sale at Costco and had to grab them because I thought they'd be great to add to cheese boards over the holidays. They're SO dang good and definitely going to become a staple for me! I grab a handful when I'm standing in the pantry looking for a snack. I've only tried the garlic, herb, and olive oil flavor (so tasty), but they come in a few other varieties that all look delish too. 
  4. Chloé Nomade Absolou: I got a sample of this with a Sephora order and was totally sold when I tried it, Kenny commented on it right away too and I hadn't even told him it was anything new or special. Every time I wear it, he says I smell good! The notes are davana, cherry plum, and oak moss, and the fragrance is categorized as "earthy and woody" and "warm woods." I normally don't go for warm fragrances, but something about this one is so tantalizing. I'm interested to try the original Chloé Nomade now, too. As a bonus, Chloé perfumes are the longest lasting ones I've ever owned. 
  5. Black face masks: Face masks are BACK on the favorites this month. While I don't like that they're not as sustainable than washable masks, disposable masks are more comfortable and often, more convenient. These black ones from Amazon are a little more attractive than the classic blue disposable masks, and they're only $9 for a pack of 50. Plus since they're all black, it's not as obvious and gross if your makeup rubs off inside of them. 😂
  6. Initial mug: I had to include these initial mugs this month because I've wanted one forever and finally got one a couple weekends ago, and they're now on clearance for only $1! I like these because they have every letter of the alphabet; I've seen other types of monogrammed products that only include the most "common" initials. I personally got the S because I liked the skeleton design, even though none of my initials are S. 😂
  7. Coat: I'm picky about coats, and after getting a camel coat last year that didn't wear well and I wasn't happy with, I was on the hunt for a new one this season. This one is so lovely that I also ordered it in black! It's described as a long blazer, but it's a true coat. The "boucle" texture is hard to see in the photos, but I compare it to coarse boiled wool. The cut is so beautiful, and it comes in a few different colors. It comes in and out of stock, so if you don't see your size, check back later. 
  8. Grapefruit & ginger lip balm: The Jack Black Intense Therapy lip balm is a favorite of mine because it's thick and has SPF 25. I had never tried the grapefruit and ginger flavor before, but I added it to a Sephora order before Christmas and it's officially my new favorite! To me it smells like a mix between a gummy bear and a cocktail. 
  9. OPI We The Female: A couple of months ago I ran into a friend and her mom at the nail salon and this was the color that the tech had picked out for her mom. I loved it so much, that I got it the next time I got my nails done! It's the perfect deep red year round, but especially for the holiday season. 
  10. Shows: Kenny and I have watched several different shows lately, and have really enjoyed most of them. First and foremost, The Queen's Gambit on Netflix. It's so well done, it pulls at your heartstrings, I love the fashion, and Anya Taylor-Joy is one of my favorite current actresses. Next, my friend told us we HAD to watch How To with John Wilson (and gave us her HBO Max password so we could do so), and she was right because we loved it. It's a super unexpected six-episode comedy docuseries made up of a bunch of random footage from NYC that seems unrelated but comes together in a tutorial-style illustration of a personal issue that John Wilson is contemplating or grappling with. After blowing through that one, Kenny suggested we watch The Righteous Gemstones (also on HBO Max), which I had never heard of but we really enjoyed. It's a comedy/drama surrounding a dysfunctional family of famous televangelists as they navigate competition with neighboring congregations and a blackmail plot. The vibe of it reminds me of a combination of Talladega Nights and Santa Clarita Diet. Last but not least, The Vow (HBO Max) - a docuseries following members and former members of the self-improvement group-turned-CULT "NXIVM" that has some major twists and turns along the way. It's a little drawn-out as I find a lot of docuseries can be, but overall it's super interesting. One thing that really makes it crazy is that it's SUPER current - the last episode features footage from September 2020. 


I hope your week is going well! I've been cooped up inside the house all week so I'm finally gonna get out today to run some errands - I put on makeup and Kenny was like "Ooooh makeup... are you gonna leave the house today??" 😂 Why yes I am, thank you for noticing. 

xoxx, Laura 

SHOP THE POST: 

No comments