Cheers to the new year!

Happy new year, and welcome back! Or maybe I should welcome myself back. 😂 Despite being more low-key this year, the holidays were still a whirlwind, but I plan to be back to my usual Monday, Wednesday, Friday posting schedule in the new year! 

Sweater | Leggings (similar) | Shoes (similar) | Headband

I quickly wanted to share my New Years Eve outfit (which was primarily worn for photos 😂) because most the pieces are on major sale right now! My sweater is a favorite (I'm wearing a medium here, but it fits true to size). I have it in lavender in a small too (pictured here and here), and it's currently 50% off. French Connection may be my favorite brand for sweaters! This one is back from last year and another favorite of mine, currently 40% off!

I also had to link my shoes because they're back from last year and on major sale. This similar pair has also been really popular this year, and they're only $24. 

Sharing my sequin leggings too, although I don't know how much wear anyone would get out of them until next holiday season. 😜 I found mine in-store on clearance, and this similar pair is super popular and currently on sale for $35. 


I'm back to work (from home) today after our holiday break! It was a nice break, and coming back to work while being able to work from home is a lot easier than having to go into the office. My sleep schedule still hasn't recovered form the holidays - I was up until almost 2am last night and I was hurting this morning! Lots of coffee is on the agenda - speaking of which, I just ordered these Starbucks Nespresso Vertuo pods from Target for pickup and I'm excited to try them! I've never seen another brand besides Nespresso do Vertuo pods. 


Also on the agenda today - cleaning up all my Christmas decorations. It's always a bummer to put everything away, but it feels nice once it's done! The house always seems super barren without them though - I'm in the market for some new framed photos and throw pillows to spice things up! 


In unexciting and annoying life news, Kenny and I are on the hunt for our SECOND mattress in the past two months... We shopped and shopped for a new one back in November, and got one that we were really excited for but haven't been loving at all. It stinks because it's SO much work to pick out a mattress and it's super disappointing to end up not liking the one you got, but luckily the place we bought ours through allows exchanges and returns, so we're not stuck with the one we don't like. Just disheartened being back at square one! I'm SUCH a researcher and a perfectionist (where my earth signs at?), so I feel like a total failure that the first one that we thought we'd love didn't work out. 😂 Oh well, new year, new mattress, apparently. 


Entering the new year clutching a bottle of prosecco, sounds about right. 😂 I never thought I was TOO picky about prosecco - I've always loved La Marca, but I'm also fine with $7 Kirkland prosecco from Costco. WELL, I tasted the two back to back on Christmas, and I can definitively say that La Marca is significantly better than Costco. I'm not giving up Kirkland brand though, you can't beat it for the price! Plus it's good for mixing into cocktails (like a poinsettia) when the prosecco doesn't have to stand on its own. 

I hope you've had the most wonderful start to the new year! Later this week I'll be sharing my December favorites, along with my top products of 2020, and I also have some outfits and a fun trend spotlight planned. Have a great Monday!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments