Trend Spotlight: Sage Green

Happy Monday, I hope you had a great weekend! I definitely did. Kenny and I had a low key night on Friday, and then on Saturday I did some thrift shopping with my mom (didn't find anything, though!) and then Kenny and I hung out at my parents' house with them and my brother for most of the day. That night I went over to my best friend's house to watch Aquamarine; we watch it at the end of every summer and it's so nostalgic and frankly, makes us kinda sad! But it's our favorite summer tradition, we wouldn't miss it. She made a salted chocolate caramel pie that we ate while we watched the movie and it was SO good. On Sunday, Kenny and I made last-minute brunch plans with one of our best friends which was so much fun! After brunch, Kenny watched some football and I lounged out on the deck. I wanted to get some Bath and Body Works candles while they were on sale, so we also went to the mall and I grabbed some (post on my favorites coming soon!) Then we had a chill evening, played with Roxy, and watched the most recent episode of ~Love Island~ and got to bed a little late for me. 😂

I love a good color trend, and it seems like sage green is going to be the hot color this fall! I absolutely love sage green, so I'm so happy to see it popping up everywhere. It's technically a pastel which you typically see more of in spring/summer, but it also lends itself to being an earth tone, so it works during all seasons.


I scoured my favorite sites to find all of the best sage pieces, and there are some really great ones out right now! Scroll through the widget below to see my favorites for all seasons.



L.L. Bean sweaters are so slept on in my opinion! This sage green mock-neck is so pretty, and the quality of their cotton pieces is great, they're durable and comfy.

You can't beat a good, versatile tee shirt dress for a cute and comfy "running errands" outfit. This one comes in a bunch of colors, including a fresh sage!

This mock-neck henley is super cute, I think it'd look great with biker shorts and sneakers. The tortoiseshell buttons are a classic touch.

I absolutely love eyelet pieces, and this long sleeved mini dress is no exception! It's from ASOS's "tall" line which is designed for people 5'9" and above, so it's perfect for the taller gals out there! I'm 5'7" on a good day, but I sometimes like getting dresses from their tall line for a little extra length.

The last dress I HAD to mention is this one, from Amazon! I got it for a photo shoot (coming to the blog soon - preview it here!) and wasn't expecting much in the way of quality, but it's absolutely beautiful! I ended up ordering the short version in another color for a rehearsal dinner I have coming up.

This is a big week for me because my office is moving to a brand new building! I've worked in the same building for seven years and I LOVE it here, so it's going to be a bittersweet change. BUT, I'm excited to have a new space and to know that I'm the first person who's ever had my new office! I wrote my name on the wall in my soon-to-be old office so there'll always be a piece of me there... I hope its new resident loves it as much as I have! It has a MASSIVE window with a beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and its proximity to Target is pretty much unbeatable. 😂

xoxx, Laura

No comments