15 Transitional Fall Dresses Under $40

While the transition from summer to fall is always bittersweet for me, I love transitional fall fashion! All of the rich colors and layering are so beautiful, especially when you're getting tired of your summer pieces. Even in the colder months, I still wear dresses more than anything else. Today I wanted to highlight my favorite affordable fall transitional dresses that are out right now.

Let's start out with some outfit inspo...

Image via
I've had this outfit saved on Pinterest forever, I don't know why I haven't recreated it yet! I love pairing a floral dress with a moto jacket for a girly vs. edgy juxtaposition.

Image via
I used to never be into midi dresses, but I have a bunch of them now. Long sleeved ones like this for fall are my favorites! They look so chic with heeled boots or booties.

Image via
How gorgeous is this color scheme?! The matching boots and hat are *chefs kiss* magnifique.

Image via
I don't belt dresses very often, but I just ordered this belt on Amazon (only $15!) so that I can start styling dresses with a belt.

Image via
Another cute moto jacket idea!

Image via
I love layered outfits like these where you're pretty much completely covered up, but with multiple different pieces. Tall boots with midi dresses are one of my favorite combos!

Image via
I love long sleeved floral mini dresses! They're so cute with felt hats - this one is my favorite, it comes in a bunch of colors and it's only $17 on Amazon Prime.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
I shouldn't have compiled this collage because now I want ALL of these dresses. THOSE JEWEL TONES! Burgundy is my favorite color to wear, so I love all of the burgundy pieces that are out right now. I saw this cute tiered mini in-store and it's the PERFECT shade of burgundy, I couldn't resist it! I also love that sage green is having a moment this season. I want to get this dress and style it with a belt and wedges while it's still warm out - the reviews says it's crazy oversized so I think a belt will help.

I also absolutely love this plaid puff sleeve mini - it'd be so gorgeous with black boots or heels for the office. This tie waist one is a bestseller, and comes in 20 colors if green isn't your thing. I also really like this unique paisley printed mini (it also comes in a beautiful plaid!) I don't think I've owned anything paisley since Limited Too was all the rage! I remember I had a pair of cropped lavender paisley pajama pants that I wore as real pants... good times.

xoxx, Laura

No comments