Orange You Glad...

Orange you glad that it's Friday? 🍊 What, what was I supposed to intro this post with? It's my blog and I'll post 100 pictures of myself on a blanket surrounded by oranges if I want to.





I'm back today with another gorgeous series of photos from my queen Alyssa Faith Photography, which is a perfect illustration of how down she is with any and all of my photo shoot whims. Something possessed me and I felt like we just HAD to do a citrus-themed shoot. LUCKILY, I had the perfect shirt to really solidify the vision. 😂 It's this one (on sale here!) - no longer available in the orange print, but I love all the prints it comes out in. Mine originally had bows on the sleeves, but I found them to be too bulky and floppy, so I hit 'em with a little creative seamstressing (basically hacked them off with fabric scissors and sewed the seam back together).




I love the way these photos turned out, but Alyssa and I agreed they'd be even cooler if we'd have been able to style them in Arizona! Kenny and I went to Phoenix in January of last year, and absolutely LOVED it. Citrus is in season in the wintertime, and they had orange trees everywhere we looked! It was so beautiful. We've had another trip to Phoenix for next March planned since early this year (pre-COVID, sigh), so we're still hopeful that we'll be able to make that work.

 




I'll be honest, I TRIED to eat all of this fruit after the photoshoot, but I ended up throwing some of it away yesterday. I WAY overbought, there was a bunch that we didn't even use for the photos. I did make an orange martini with one of the last oranges, and the little mandarins were surprisingly good for being out of season! 





Man, all these oranges are making me want a mimosa... Scratch that, I'm a bloody Mary girl through and through.🍅





I lol-ed when I first saw this photo - I was already feeling silly for my entire citrus vision, and looking at my tiny hand with my tiny oranges just got me. 😂 But seeing it now, I think it's so cool with the flowers in the background (I asked what they were - Mexican sunflowers!) I think it'd even make a cool phone background.


The REAL treat the day we took these photos was that Alyssa brought her freaking adorable little kitten, Cleo! She was in the mood to play and NOT be held, but we got this cute quick snap together. 😍

I hope you have an amazing weekend! I know it's the first weekend of September and a lot of people are in fall mode, but it's still summer in my mind!

xoxx, Laura

No comments