Striped Tee Shirt Dress Two Ways

Happy almost weekend! It's been a while since I've done a "one piece two ways" type of post, so it's high time I share these outfits I shot earlier in the summer, but can be worn into the fall, too! 

Similar dress here, here | Similar denim jacket | Panama hat | Bag | Sandals | Pave hoop earrings


Our wedding anniversary and Kenny's birthday are next week, so we're headed to the beach! With that in mind, I wanted to start with the "beachier" of the two looks I'm sharing today. 

 
Let's start with the base: this striped tee shirt dress! Every girl needs at least one neutral tee shirt dress in her wardrobe, they're super versatile, easy to throw on, and fun to wear when you want to be comfy, but not completely casual. The particular one I'm wearing is from Old Navy years ago, but I found this similar option that I love, and another one that's only $10!

I absolutely love this hat, and it's probably clear to you if you've been around the blog for any length of time. It's less than $20 from Amazon and such a great accessory to throw on that adds a little extra sun protection. I've had mine for a few years now and it's held up great, especially for the price. I'll definitely be bringing it to the beach with me!

These sandals are another favorite of mine, they're great quality, comfortable, and true to size. I love that they're dressy enough to wear to the office, but still casual enough to wear with something like, say, a tee shirt dress. Hypothetically.

These earrings have pave detailing inside and out so they glitter so beautifully in person. They give your outfit a little something extra that a standard hoop wouldn't!

One last thing on this outfit - this lipstick! It's from Lady Gaga's own line (shade "Power Move") and she's touted it as her go-to lip color. I'm often wary of celebrity makeup products because I feel like the quality isn't always there, but this lipstick is pigmented, easy to apply, comfortable, and long-lasting.

Similar dress here, here | Similar denim jacket | Baseball cap | Bag | Sneakers | Pave hoop earrings


This next outfit has a whole different vibe than the first one, but I really just switched up the shoes and the hat. In hindsight, I could've switched up the jacket and actually worn it, but I guess I'll save that for next time.

I got this denim jacket for my birthday in HIGH SCHOOL and I've worn it every year since. That's what you call a wardrobe staple! To be honest, when I first got it I was like "okay, how am I supposed to wear a denim jacket?" but you can pair it with almost anything, even jeans!

These are my favorite sneakers, I wear them all the time! Any of the Nike Air Max 90's really, but these are the most versatile. They're not platform, but seem to provide a teeny bit of lift. They're borderline "dad shoes," but they're classics that you will still be able to wear when the dad shoe trend is over.

I hope you have a great weekend! Kenny and I are off to the Outer Banks tomorrow for a vacation in honor of our first wedding anniversary and his birthday, and we're so excited! As a kid, my family always went to the Outer Banks for summer vacation, but I haven't been since 2013, so I'm dying to get back down there! We have an anniversary photo shoot planned while we're there, which I'm so excited for!

xoxx, Laura

No comments