Golden Days

Happy Friday, and welcome to my ABSOLUTE FAIRY TALE. It isn't a real summer in the south without passing a sunflower field on the side of the road, and stopping for some photos and a few blooms. AND pretending that you're completely unaware that trespassing is illegal - although most of the sunflower planters welcome passers-by stopping to enjoy the golden goodness.

Alyssa Faith Photography




So, funny story about this photo shoot. We were planning on going to this sunflower field right next to a corn field and get some photos at both. Kenny and I had been to the sunflower field a week or so earlier and it was so beautiful! BUT when we got there the second time, it had already completely died! It was so sad, it had been so beautiful before! LUCKILY there's no shortage of beautiful sunflower fields in the Shenandoah Valley, and my dad had told my mom and me about one near his office and we had gone to drive by it the previous weekend. It wasn't too far from where we were, so we drove there quickly to catch it before sunset and we made it just in time. 😍



 Cut my hair? Absolutely never.



I absolutely love sunflowers, but their arrival is always bittersweet because it marks the home stretch of summer. In case I haven't preached on it enough, summer is absolutely my favorite season and I love every single minute of it; my year revolves around summer.





OKAY we need to talk about this dress! It's from AMAZON and it's so much better than I thought it was going to be. The quality on Amazon clothing can be hit or miss so I wasn't expecting much, but it's so perfect. It's light and airy but not see though (it's lined!), there's plenty of stretch in the smocked bodice and it also has a drawstring around the waist. You can wear it on or off the shoulders; I ended up sizing down one size because I wanted to wear it on my shoulders and I didn't want them to slip off. It fit perfectly, and the sleeves weren't annoying at all! After falling in love with this dress, I ordered the short version of in a rust orange color (they both come in a bunch of colors) to wear to a rehearsal dinner I have coming up. Even Julia Berolzheimer has it, so you know it's good!



It's looking like summer temperatures are over here in Virginia, the highest temperature I see on the forecast is in the mid 70's, but we have nighttime lows in the 30's coming up! 😱 It's nice to have the windows open though, and my kitty loves sitting in front of the screen and keeping tabs on what's going on out there.






I hope you have an absolutely wonderful weekend! The past two weekends Kenny and our friend have been going to this new brunch place in town, Magpie Diner (if you're local, you've GOT to go!) Everything we've ordered there has been a 10/10 (the Bloody Marys are just OFFENSIVE - in the best way), so hopefully we'll go back again this weekend. We had the same waitress both times that we've been and she remembered us and our drink orders, so we're trying to maintain our "regular" status. 😂

xoxx, Laura

No comments