Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day! I'm popping in with a quick Americana outfit post because I actually have to work today - boo! Working for a university, I always feel ripped off having to work on Labor Day when all of my friends and family are off (AND when it's gorgeous outside, like it is today!) 😂 Oh well, c'est la vie.

Flag sweater | Shorts (dupe for these!) | Sandals | LV Pochette Accessories NM

How about this sweater? Talk about a preppy staple! Sweaters with shorts is one of my favorite combos when the weather gets cooler (read: below 80°). Give the sweater a little front tuck and VOILA! A cute, comfy, and *slightly* cozy outfit. I had wanted one of these Ralph Lauren flag sweaters for years, and I finally ended up getting one this past summer. They're pricey for a cotton sweater at retail price, so I highly recommend searching for a preloved one somewhere like Poshmark. I got mine preowned but you'd never know; cotton holds up well to washing and wear, which is why most of my favorite sweaters are at least 50% cotton.


I'm not a big shorts-wearer - I hadn't owned a pair of denim shorts in YEARS until I picked these up earlier this summer. Since I don't wear shorts that often, I didn't want to spend a ton on a pair, so I got these and I'm so pleased with them! They have a good amount of stretch so they're not constricting, and they're both high-waisted and have a little bit of length (a far cry from those Hollister underwear shorts we all used to wear... *shudder*). The best part is that they're an affordable dupe for this Levi's pair (although, the Levi's are on sale for a great price right now, too).


I've been absolutely loving the Sam Edelman Bay sandals this summer, I've gotten three pairs! They're super comfortable and just dressy enough to wear to the office. Kenny got me this warm mahogany croc-embossed pair for my birthday, and I'm excited to wear this particular color into fall.


You would not believe how many mosquito bites I had to edit off of my shins in these photos. 😂 I usually don't make edits like that, but those things had to GO. It's seriously embarrassing! I've always been a mosquito magnet, but I can't remember the last summer I had this many bites!


I hope you've had a great Monday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments