Fall Clothing Haul

Happy Friday, babe! It has been a WEEK over here in the Laura-verse, I've been insanely busy at work and then on top of that, I've had a ton of wedding details to finalize in these last few weeks leading up to the wedding. The last month really is the busiest time! So I apologize for missing Wednesday's wedding post, but I have a good one scheduled for next week!

Unbeknownst to regular me, "stressed wedding planner me" has been indulging in a fair amount of retail therapy recently to counteract the anxiety surrounding last-minute wedding planning details. I can't blame her, she's got good taste. Today I'm sharing her scores for fall, in all their neutral and jewel toned goodness.



  1. Orange v neck: I got the tip on this sweater from my girl Melissa of Memoir of a Preppy Mom. The Dreamers by Debut brand has been at Nordstrom for the past few years at least, and now their sweaters are at Walmart for under $20?! I don't have any of their pieces from Nordstrom, but she swears they're just as good and I trust her opinion 24/7/365. 
  2. Rust mock neck: Rust is camel's sexy cousin, and one of my favorite shades for fall. I pictured styling this sweater with a black and white plaid skirt and gold jewelry, and I was sold. And for $20, how could I afford NOT to get it?* It also comes in several other great neutrals. (*Me justifying my obscene sweater addiction.) 
  3. Cashmere mock neck: This is an unbeatable basic. Cashmere is one of life's great pleasures, and one of those "buy well, buy once" types of items. It's definitely an investment, but it'll last you much longer than your $20 acrylic sweaters (provided that you keep it protected from moths, ugh). 
  4. Black funnel neck: This sweater is basically the exact opposite of "buy well, buy once," but I couldn't help myself. This was part of my first ever order from Shein, which I plan on doing a full blog post on soon. 
  5. Palm print midi dress: This dress is too gorgeous, the way it hangs is super flattering and I love the color scheme. I wore it two days in a row last week and got tons of compliments. 
  6. Ruffle dress: I featured this dress in last Friday's post and it's such a good one. It's not really an obvious "fall" piece, but I paired it with a blazer and heels to work one day recently and loved it. It now also comes in burgundy and teal, which are my two favorite jewel tones for fall. 
  7. Felt hat: Based on the deep love and commitment I quickly developed from my Amazon panama hat this summer, I'm hoping that this hat can fill the same place in my heart during the cold months. I haven't gotten a chance to wear this one yet, but I've heard good things about it, so I have no doubt that it'll be just as good. 
  8. Nude block heel pumps: Shoes so nice, I bought 'em twice! These heels are part of the Nordstrom anniversary sale almost every year and retail for over $100, so when I had the chance to score them on sale I didn't hesitate. I wear heels most days to work, especially in the cool months. I prefer a pointy toe, and the block heels are much comfier than the traditional thin heel. These also display a fair amount of  "toe cleavage" which isn't quite my szhuszh, but I know a lot of people like that. 
  9. Black block heel pumps: Same as number 8, but BLACK. 
  10. Suede boots: I fell in love with a pair of boots similar to these at Nordstrom, but couldn't stomach the $250 price tag. In my search for an affordable dupe, I came across these and adore them. They're extremely high quality, and the most delectable cognac shade. 
  11. Palm tee: What do you expect me to say about this one? I like palms, I have an addiction to graphic tees like every other girl, leave me alone. 
  12. Faux leather moto jacket: I featured this jacket in my July favorites post after scoring it in the Nordstrom anniversary sale but haven't gotten much more of a chance to wear it since it's been so warm out (not complaining - I'd rather it be warm than have to wear a jacket). However, I'm excited to style it this fall, and I plan on getting good use out of it. Moto jackets are a wardrobe staple in my opinion, I've owned the same taupe one for eight years and never get tired of it. 
  13. Ribbed tee: I also got this during the Nordstrom anniversary sale and stashed it away for layering this fall. I like the ribbing for a little extra something added to a traditional long sleeve tee. 
  14. Burgundy chiffon dress: I found this dress in-store, and it's much prettier in person than it is online. The pleated cuffs are a nice refined detail, and it's a good basic to pair with a scarf or a vest. 
  15. Stain wrap dress: I wore this dress on my birthday and it was so stunning! The wrap detail is a little tricky to work at fist (ha) but once you figure that out, it lays beautifully, and the color is obviously gorgeous too.  
  16. Leopard midi skirt: OKAY I ADMIT IT, I gave into the hype! I GOT A LEOPARD MIDI SKIRT. This one isn't the greatest quality ever, but still makes you feel like a bad b!tch when wearing it. It sold out super fast, but I'm hoping it gets restocked since it was clearly so popular. 
  17. Snakeskin midi skirt: I never saw myself getting a leopard midi skirt, and I CERTAINLY never saw myself getting a snakeskin one. The one I linked is similar (and on sale!), but the one I actually got I found on clearance at TJ Maxx for only $10! I wouldn't have sought one out otherwise, but stumbling upon one for such a good deal sold me. I'm excited to style it!
WHEW, that's it for me this week! I'm excited to have a relaxing weekend and get to focus on wedding stuff for a couple of days. I hope you have something fun planned, and I'll catch you back here on Monday!

xoxx, Laura

No comments