Wedding Wendesday: My Bridal Shower!

Happy wedding Wednesday! There are very few Wednesdays left until the ACTUAL wedding, which is absolutely crazy to me! The closer we get to the day, the faster time seems to go. Even though I have all of the big stuff taken care of, it's the little details that are stressing me out the most! I'm ready for the planning part to be over with and to see everything come together.

So this past weekend, my bridesmaids traveled down from NYC to host a baking-themed bridal shower for me, and it was absolutely perfect! It was so well-planned and very detail had been considered, everyone had the best time.

The party was at my maid of honor Nancy Carrie's beautiful childhood home, where her sister's family now lives. Every single detail of the decor was adorable, with tons of flowers and baking-related items everywhere!



In the foyer where everyone entered was this beautiful mirror sign (look at the cute little whisks and spoons, and measuring cups on the garland on the stairs!)



Nancy Carrie had prints made of a bunch of photos of Kenny and me and displayed them throughout the house, along with prints of cute phrases and my new initials! It was such an adorable touch, plus now I have a bunch of nice prints of photos of Kenny and me!


In the kitchen, they had a mimosa bar which was my first stop when I arrive to the party! (Also, 35 days to go? How can that be??)


The dining room was the best part, they had tons of garlands and fresh-picked hydrangeas and balloons on display.



How stunning is this cake that Nancy Carrie's sister made?? It was yellow cake with fresh strawberry icing, and it tasted just as good as it looks. 

 

My very favorite detail has to have been this flower arrangement in my mom's KitchenAid mixer. She's had it for over 20 years and uses it on a weekly basis; I'm sure that having access to it my whole life has contributed to my love of baking! I could never live without a KitchenAid.


They also had a "date jar" station where everyone added a date night idea to a popsicle stick for Kenny and I to choose from. The suggestions ranged from heartwarming to hilarious.


Onto the FOOD! They had a gorgeous spread of adorably labeled vegetarian finger food, including caprese crostinis, fruits and veggies, everyone's Costco favorites (mini quiches and cream puffs!), chocolate covered strawberries, and lemon bars. One of my favorite things was this amazing orzo salad that Sarah's mom made. It had pine nuts in it which I usually hate (one of the only foods I absolutely avoid!) but it was SO good.


Aren't the tiny pots and pans in the tablescape cute?! They were generously loaned to the decorating committee by Nancy Carrie's two-year-old niece, ha!


After we ate, we gathered around the TV to watch a video that Nancy Carrie had made with photos of Kenny and me alternating with questions she asked Kenny, and videos he made answering them. She paused the video after each question to wait for me to guess what his answer was going to be. It was funny when I got it wrong, and even funnier when I got it right, ha! In the background, she had You and I by Lady Gaga, which is my favorite song of all time (which was also Kenny's answer in the video for "what is Laura's favorite song?" Yay!)


After the video, we went to open gifts. Nancy Carrie, Sarah, and Emma presented me with an apron with my new monogram on it, and a recipe box filled with handwritten recipes from everyone at the party. It was so special, and I can't wait to read through all of them!


I was so nervous, I hate opening gifts in front of people! I feel like my reactions never express how grateful I am, I never want people to think I don't like what they got me! Kenny and I were gifted tons of amazing kitchen tools that I can't wait to use!


After opening gifts, we all mingled for a while more and took a ton of photos, naturally.


Mama Bake and me!



Madeline, Sarah, Nancy Carrie, and Emma! 💗


Kenny's mom, my mom, and me. P.S. how cute is that "B" wreath on the door?? Nancy Carrie made it and sent it home with me, I can't wait to hang it!



I don't know what I'd do without them!


Gorgeous Tomi being adorable as usual!


And finally, the best thing I ever got out of college: OLIVIA! Degree, who?

After the shower, the party didn't stop. We helped tear down and clean everything up, and then Nancy Carrie, Sarah, and Emma presented me with a mission: meet back up at 8:00 dressed like we did in high school. I had NO idea what I was going to wear! I'd gotten rid of most of my ugly old clothes long ago, so I took to Facebook for inspiration. I decided to try and recreate my junior year homecoming outfit because I still had the dress, shoes, and accessories I wore.

Everyone's outfits were so hilarious, and perfectly true to what they wore in high school! Once we met back up, we took a bunch of photos and set off on a scavenger hunt around town that the girls had made that took us to each place that we met each other, all of our old schools, and ended up at the church where the wedding is going to be. Nancy Carrie's sister even drove us just like she did before we could all drive. It was storming the whole time and we got soaked, but it was SO fun and special. We reminisced the whole time and it's a night we'll never forget.


I love these girls so much and they could not have thrown me a better bridal shower! It was the best day and I had the feeling of post-Christmas depression the next day. However, the best party of all is yet to come, and it's coming soon! AH!

Have a great Wednesday, and a great rest of your week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments