Vintage Love

White after Labor Day: okay, or off limits? I was in the off limits-club for years, until eventually I got sick of confining all of my white clothes to a certain time of year. If it's still warm out, I'm still wearing white!

Similar Shirt | Skirt | Sandals | Pre-loved Pochette Accessories

Today I'm sharing a cute, classic summer outfit with one of my favorite new/old accessories: a vintage Louis Vuitton Pochette Accessories! It's kind of a funny story how I obtained it: a client of Kenny's came into his office one day with a Louis Vuitton bag and complimented her on it. I think the fact that he even recognized the bag surprised her because he doesn't necessarily look like a guy who would even be able to identify a designer bag, haha. The next time she came in, she brought him this vintage pochette accessories and said she doesn't use it anymore and asked him if I would want it. He said duh!

Sunglasses

ad He brought it to me so I could authenticate it, and in fact, it is a genuine pochette accessories all the way from 1994! How cool? It's kind of a "thing" in the vintage designer world to work to find a piece from your birth year, and in fact this bag is several months older than me, from January! While researching them online to authenticate it, the oldest one I saw for sale was from 1995, so that's really cool. I also learned that they changed the construction of the bag a few years into production, so the strap is a bit different than the "new" model. It has definitely been well loved, which adds to its charm.


While Kenny and I were walking around taking these photos, we came across the CUTEST little coffee shop that I had never seen before! It just opened this past May, and they had just closed for the evening as I was taking these photos. I'm excited to go back and check it out one morning this fall when it's cool out. There's just something about coffee shops in the fall! I stalked their Insta and they make croissants that look to die for.


Did you do anything fun over the weekend? On Friday, Kenny and I went to see the new It movie with our friends. I thought the last one was SO good, it was horrifying but also had lovable characters with unique personalities. Have you seen the original It miniseries? I find it hilarious actually, the clown isn't scary to me, he almost seems like he likes the kids haha.

P.S. The Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale starts today! Are you shopping?? I have one dress in particular that I've had my eye on that I'm hoping is included, so I'm excited to see everything!

Have a great week!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments