Bath and Body Works Fall Candle Haul

Fall candles! (Cue Shania Twain saying "let's go girls!") Now that it's *officially* fall today, it's finally appropriate (in the book of Laura Baker) to begin burning fall candles (although I have to admit, I've cheated and burnt a few of them early).

Bath and Body Works candles are many people's favorite, and for good reason. They're affordable because they run sales and promos often, the quality is consistent, and the three-wicks burn strong and evenly. I love that their seasonal styles because they serve as home decor too, especially if you're like me and don't really do much decorating for fall. I think it's cool that they offer a lot of the more popular scents in multiple jar styles so that you can choose your favorite.

These are the fall scents that I ordered recently for this season, and I'm looking forward to burning them (Kenny is too, I've turned him into a candle lover and I love having him help me pick fragrances!)


Wine Cellar: PRESENTING: MY FAVORITE CANDLE OF ALL TIME. I know, that's a bold claim! BUT TRUST ME. I got this candle randomly YEARS ago as part of a limited edition Thanksgiving line and feel absolutely head over heels in love with it. I nursed that dang candle for so long until I only had a little bit left and I was SO sad! Until earlier this year, when they brought it BACK! I was elated and bought some right away. Now this fall, it's back again and I'm hoping it's here to stay! If you only get one candle, get this one. It's not your classic fall "cinnamon and apple and pumpkins and caramel" candle, but it's great for the season and LITERALLY my favorite candle of all time.

  • Notes: Mulled Apples, Fresh Fig, Cedarwood

Harvest Gathering: I'm not sure if this one is new this year, but it's new to me and I'm loving it! Definitely a true fall scent, with apple and spices. I noticed that many of the fall candles this season have cloves in the notes. In some of them it's SO strong and overwhelming in my opinion, but in this one it just adds a perfect warm and spicy undertone.

  • Notes: Fresh Picked Apple, Autumn Berries, Clove Buds

Leaves: This is a great classic fall scent, it's deep and spicy with fresh hints of apple to brighten it up. This one has been a favorite of a lot of people for years now, but it's the first time I've gotten it and I'd definitely get it again.

  • Notes: Crisp Red Apple, Golden Nectar, Warm Clove Spice


Apple Cinnamon Cider: You can't beat a true "apple cinnamon" scent for fall, and this one does the job.

  • Notes: Cinnamon Dusted Apple, Autumn Leaves, Rich Vanilla Woods

Cider Lane: I got this one from my dear friends as a 21st birthday gift and finally ran out of it last year, so I was excited to see it back this season. The notes are heavy with "sweet" elements, which I normally don't like, but this one isn't too sickening. I will say, this candle burns STRONG (they call that "throw" in the candle world, ha) so it can get overwhelming after a while, but that just means more candle bang for your buck!

  • Notes: Warm Caramel, Granny Smith Apple, Dark Brown Sugar, Ground Clove

Pumpkin Apple: Pumpkin and apple, what could be bad about it?? Most candles that are strictly pumpkin based are too sweet for my taste, so the apple adds a nice freshness that takes away from the heaviness of the pumpkin. The cinnamon and clove add that quintessential fall warmth that every basic fall candle lover can't live without.

  • Notes: Red Delicious Apple, Fall Pumpkin, Fresh Ground Cinnamon, Clove Buds

The Perfect Autumn: I got this one as a freebie with my order and it turned out to be a new favorite of mine! It really is the perfect autumn scent, with the most delicious combination of spices, pumpkin, and fall fruits. It's warm without leaning too spicy or too sweet. 

  • Notes: Fresh Cranberry, Spiced Pumpkin, Crisp Apple, Rich Clove

But wait! That's not all! I have an HONORABLE MENTION for you today. This is actually a Target candle, and one that I keep coming back to every year.


Autumn Harvest: So this candle may be my MOST FAVORITE fall candle scent of all time. It's so classic, spicy but not overpowering, sweet but not sickening (although I'm not sure where the "peach" note in the description is coming from, I don't smell that at all). So now you're wondering, then why is it an honorable mention? Well, it comes with some cons. First con: the wicks. It's a two-wick candle, but still doesn't melt evenly out to the edges, causing it to burn unevenly, which is a major candle pet peeve of mine. The second con is that the throw isn't very strong. You have to burn it in a small room to get enough scent from it, it definitely isn't one that's going to fragrance the whole floor it's on like some candles do.

  • Notes: Cinnamon, Peach, Autumn Leaves

What are your favorite fall candles?? Clearly I'm not hurting for recommendations, but the addiction is real 😂 Let me know if you try any of my favorites (ESPECIALLY WINE CELLAR)!

Have a great week, and happy fall!!

xoxx, Laura

No comments