Pleather Weather

Happy Monday and happy fall! I can't believe it's officially fall! A lot of people have been begging for the start of fall since before September even began, but I'm always hanging onto the last traces of summer! We still have 80+ degree days in our forecast, so summer is still lingering around here for at least a while longer.

Did you have a good weekend? Kenny and I took a day trip to Charlottesville on Saturday which is one of our favorite things to do. HOWEVER, last time we were there, we discovered that our very favorite restaurant that we always go to there unexpectedly closed!! We were so devastated when we showed up and approached it to find it completely dark and all of the tables and chairs stacked up. We were shocked! Every time we'd been there, it was always packed and we usually had to wait for a table. Kenny found an article online that said that the corporate owner of the restaurant filed for bankruptcy and had to close its doors. SO sad! Now Kenny and I have a LOT of work to do to find a new favorite restaurant that will measure up, ha!

Sweater | Skirt | Booties | LV Speedy B 30
Now that we've mourned the loss of my favorite Charlottesville restaurant together, let's talk about this outfit. Express brings this sweater back every year, and it's such a great fall wardrobe staple. It's heavy but not fuzzy, so it doesn't pill. It's longer in the back so it's great with leggings. I have one in an oatmeal color from two years ago and this burgundy one from last year, and the one from last year is definitely my favorite. The older one is MUCH longer than the one I'm wearing in these photos, to the point of looking frumpy. Plus the burgundy is the best! It's my favorite color to wear.


This skirt is a wardrobe staple of mine, I had no idea how much I'd wear it when I got it! I used to wear it to work sometimes, but it's definitely not office-appropriate so I've ceased that, haha.


Look at my gorgeous man! I just adore him.


Obviously my handbag is another all-time love, I especially love wearing it in the fall and winter with deep colors.


I hope your week is off to a great start so far, I'll see you back here on Wednesday with a post all about my wedding registry!

xoxx, Laura 

No comments