April Favorites

It's May! Which means that it's the offical-unofficial start of summer! Schools are letting out, seniors are graduating, the weather is getting warmer, and Memorial Day is on it's way.

Today I'm sharing all my favorites from the month of April, many of which are great items specifically for the upcoming summer months.

  1. Lola Bars: I ran into these at a gas station and I've been ordering them by the box ever since. They're vegan, have 12g of protein, and are 200 calories. They're like a Quaker chewy bar but denser and more substantial.
  2. Maybelline Nude Lust Lipstick: This has been a favorite of mine for a few years, but I've been especially loving it lately. It has a shiny-ish finish, which is great for a nude because I have trouble with matte nudes breaking up quickly on my lips.
  3. Le Specs Liar Liar Sunglasses: I've been on the hunt for a pair of tortoiseshell sunglasses for a while now, and these are THE most perfect cat-eye sunglasses I've ever worn (with the exception of the Tom Ford Anoushka frames, which are way outside of my price range). This is my first pair of Le Specs sunglasses, and they are amazing. They are heavy and high quality (definitely comparable to my Celines), fit my smaller face well, and come packaged nicely. 
  4. BH Cosmetics Hawaii Palette: This palette has been really fun to use over the past several weeks. The formula isn't my favorite ever, but the colors are really great for summer and warmer shades like these are more outside of my comfort zone, so I've been enjoying playing with them.
  5. Buxom Lip Polish in Blushing Margarita: Buxom gloss is my very favorite gloss formula, and this is a new-to-me shade, which is a great pinky neutral.
  6. Mrs. Meyers Hand Soap: I've been loving Mrs. Meyers hand soap since Kenny and I moved into our apartment, my favorite scents are basil and radish.
  7. Reeses' Pieces Eggs: I've been DESTROYING these all month! I found them at Target one day and couldn't resist getting a bag, they're just like Reeses' pieces, but way bigger (aka WAY more delicious)! UNFORTUNATELY they're gone since they were seasonal for Easter, so I'm savoring my last pack of them. I'm hoping they release another seasonal version of them because they're much better than regular Reeses' pieces.
  8. Wild Sage and Aloe Candle: I picked up one of these from Bath and Body Works and loved it so much that I went back for another. It's really fresh and a little citrusy-smelling, it reminds me of a Moscow mule.
  9. You Are OK: I saved the VERY BEST for last! The Maine is my favorite band, they released this album at the end of March and I knew I would love it, it's been on repeat. I can't wait to see them play in Charlotte later this month!
Happy unofficial summer, I hope you're having a lovely week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments