Bath and Body Works Candle Haul & Review

Happy Monday! I have kind of an insane week ahead. I'm leaving work early on Wednesday for some wedding business, and then I'm off to Blacksburg for my brother's college graduation ceremonies
Thursday and Friday, woop! Then I'll be back in town for a split second before turning back around to go down to Charlotte with Kenny for a little weekend getaway. We're going to a concert and I'm so excited! We've spent small bits and pieces of time in Charlotte here and there as we've passed through on road trips and it's so cool, I'm looking forward to getting to spend a weekend there.

I'll be the first to admit: I HAVE A CANDLE PROBLEM. In college, my roommate and I were candle enablers and went on candle benders REGULARLY. We illegally burnt candles in our dorm room, and even had a few scares where we thought we had left one burning and burnt the entire building to the ground (we didn't).

When Kenny and I moved into our apartment, I allocated a large portion of our linen closet for candle storage. After a few years of prohibiting myself from buying candles because I had accumulated such a stash during college, I finally allowed myself to stock back up... and boy did I stock up.

I wanted to bolster my collection with fragrances that are fresh and not "seasonal," so that I can burn them year round. Spring is a great season to get neutral candles because summer, autumn, and winter/Christmastime candles usually pretty recognizable (think sunscreen, pumpkin spice, and pine).

So this embarrassingly massive haul is what I've ended up with from Bath and Body Works over the past couple of weeks. I lean toward Bath and Body Works candles because I love the three-wicks, they have SO many different options, and there's a store near me so it's so easy to pop in and get stuck in the candle trap. They're CONSTANTLY coming out with new scents and cute new packaging, so while I'd like to consider myself done for  now... UNFORTUNATELY, I can't say that's realistic.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy my candle review of these 14 different fragrances. I hope you find it useful, and it maybe it'll even help you find your new favorite candle.


Wild Sage & Aloe: This is a new favorite of mine! To me, it smells like a Moscow Mule (one of my favorite cocktails!) I had to pick up two because I have a feeling it won't be around for long.
  • Notes: Refreshing Aloe Water, Agave Nectar, Desert Sage
Turquoise Waters: I've seen this one around for years but never purchased it, but I'm so glad that I finally did! It doesn't smell beachy at all, and I don't think the notes help describe the scent, but to me it just smells like perfectly fresh, clean laundry drying outside in the breeze. The smell fills a room without being overwhelming.
  • Notes: Coastal Waves, Sparkling Bergamot, Sun-drenched Musk
Rose Water & Ivy: This is a newer favorite of mine. I'm not a huge fan of rose scent by itself, but the other notes of this scent bring the rosiness down enough to make it the perfect soft floral fragrance without being making you feel like you're drowning in
  • Notes: Soft Rose Petals, Rain-Kissed Ivy, Spring Musk
Mineral Springs: This one is really fresh, and almost borders on "manly," without smelling like a middle school boys locker room. If you like mahogany teakwood and similar scents, I think that you'd like this one.
  • Notes: Soothing Mineral Water, Night Blooming Lily, Dash of Lime
Garden Greenery: The packaging totally got me with this one, this is one of the prettiest candles I've ever seen! If you know my decor tastes, you know I love anything "botanical," so the leafy herbs on the jar are so pretty to me. I was hoping this candle would have more emphasis on the herby, green notes, but it's relatively heavy on apricot. I still really enjoy it, and Kenny does too. It's fresh and sweet without being "edible-"smelling.
  • Notes: Sweet Apricot, Fresh Basil, Bright Mint Leaves
Island Reef: Reviews state that this candle smells fresh and relaxing like a spa, and I think that that's the perfect description! The eucalyptus is prominent but not overpowering, and the citrus and sparkling waves notes are super refreshing.
  • Notes: Fresh Island Citrus, Crisp Eucalyptus, Sparkling Waves
Bergamot Waters: This one is a long time fave of mine, it smells a lot like the D&G Light Blue perfume.
  • Notes: Sparkling Bergamot, Pristine Blue Waters, Sugared Citrus, Creamy Sandalwood
Cucumber & Lily: This one is very fresh and not too floral, it brightens up a room without smelling overwhelmingly perfumey.
  • Notes: Fresh Cucumber, Green Tea, Lily of the Valley 
Midnight Blue Citrus: This one is super fruity and fresh, but not super citrusy in my opinion. I don't really like any citrus-heavy scents, this one is definitely stronger on the mango. It's not my favorite of all time, but I could not resist the gorgeous deep blue jar! It's one that they have in stock most of the time, so it's not going away any time soon.
  • Notes: Juicy Citrus, Fresh Spring Water, Sweet Mango
Island Papaya: This one is so juicy and fun for summer. It reminds me of going to the beach, but in a fruity way, not a "coconutty sunscreen" way.
  • Notes: Tropical Coconut, Fresh Papaya, Sugarcane


Rose Water & Ivy: Two three-wicks weren't enough apparently, so I had to get a mini.
  • Notes: Soft Rose Petals, Rain-Kissed Ivy, Spring Musk
Lavender Vanilla: I got this one hoping it would be the same as a lavender vanilla candle I got years ago, and while this one is sweeter and warmer and I don't like it as much as the original one, it's still a relaxing bedtime scent.
  • Notes: Lavender Blossom, Creamy Vanilla, White Woods, Sugared Musk
Mineral Springs: Again... needed a mini.
  • Notes: Mineral Water, Night Blooming Lily, Dash of Lime
Eucalyptus Mint: If you're familiar with the stress relief scent from the aromatherapy line, this one smells very similar. I can't smell a difference without having them both in front of me. It's heavy on the eucalyptus, and super fresh and relaxing.
  • Notes: Fresh Eucalyptus, Sweet Spearmint, Lemon Peel, Clary Sage
Blue Lagoon: This one is so good, it smells like YSL Y cologne! Another manly-ish scent in the same way that mineral springs is, but not in a way that makes you think of Axe body spray... hopefully.
  • Notes: Iced Lavender, Fresh Mint, Sea Salt
Pineapple Mango: This one doesn't really fit in with ANY other candle in my collection, but it's so fruity and fun. It reminds me of an old candle I had many years ago that I was so attached to that I rarely ever burned (ha), so I had to get it.
  • Notes: Fresh Pineapple Juice, Mango, Vine-Ripened Raspberry
Are you still there? Or have you already run off to Bath and Body Works to pick up some candles of your own? Either way, never pay full price for their candles. They run good sales almost weekly that you can combine with whatever coupon that they have going on at the time, so you never have to pay $25 for a single candle. More savings = more candles. It's a no-brainer.

xoxx, Laura

No comments