Wedding Wednesday: How I Asked my Bridesmaids

Happy Wedding Wednesday! Today I wanted to share what I did for my "bridesmaid proposal" gifts. I wanted to curate a fun gift with useful items that I would love to receive. I don't plan on ever doing any personalized "bridesmaid" or "bride tribe" type things, just because I find that stuff a little tacky (and what are you gonna do with it after the wedding??) Everything I included in my gifts was something that I love, so I thought my girls would too!

"Will you be my Bridesmaid?" champagne: This was the "big" part of the gift, because it was the thing that actually asked them to be my bridesmaids! HOW CUTE?! I love the Veuve Clicquot dupe labels (one of my friends didn't even realize what it said at first, ha!), I ordered them on Amazon and put them on some of my favorite prosecco. They were super cute, but I will say that they are HUGE, so they wrinkled at the top around the curvature of the bottle. You'd need to find the largest bottle possible for them not to wrinkle.

Sleep mask: I've mentioned before that I can't live without a sleep mask, so I thought it would be great to include in the gift. The ones I used were navy velvet on the outside with satin on the inside, and had the cutest gold embroidered eyelash detail. The exact ones I used are no longer available, but Amazon has some really cute options here and here.

Face masks: I love using face masks and I think the single ones are super convenient, so I included some of my favorite 7th Heaven and Memebox masks in the gifts.

Candle: I LOVE candles, and I thought the "champagne toast" scent was so fitting!

Candy: Because hello.... sugar.

I gave my three best friends, all of whom live in NYC, their gifts when they were home for Christmas, so it could be as much of a surprise as possible, and I could kind of make it seem like it was just a regular Christmas present (because of course they would be expecting me to ask them to be my bridesmaids, come on!) There were screams and tears, just as I expected! I love my girls and I can't wait to continue planning my wedding with them as my "maids" (haha their words, I would never seriously call them my maids).

xoxx, Laura

No comments