Happy Hour: Pretty in Pink

Happy Friday, sugars! Who's ready for a drink?! Today I'm sharing a new-to-me cocktail that I tried last week for my mom and I, and LOVED! I came across this recipe called the "pretty in pink" on Pinterest from Waiting on Martha, and since then I've stalked every single cocktail recipe she's shared, so I'll definitely be trying more of them soon. The recipe is everything I love in a cocktail: simple (only four ingredients!), not super sweet, and a ton of citrus flavor. This recipe actually has no sweetener at all, all of the sweetness comes from fresh  lemon and grapefruit juice.

I made a few modifications on the original recipe to suit my tastes. The original recipe calls for vodka, so I used Absolut Citron to make my mom's cocktail. I'm a bigger fan of gin, and I thought that the botanical flavors of gin would go great with the elderflower flavor of St. Germain. I have never purchased St. Germain before, and I was so mesmerized by the bottle! I mean, even the lid is a work of art. The original recipe also calls for a sugared rim and a rosemary garnish, but I didn't feel the need to add those; I didn't want the extra sweetness from the sugar, and I'm not a huge rosemary fan.

Without further ado, here's the recipe as I made it!

Ingredients:
  • Double shot Hendrick's gin
  • Single shot St. Germain
  • Juice of half a grapefruit*
  • Juice of half a lemon*
*I highly recommend getting organic citrus fruit if you can, it tastes so much better in my opinion!

Directions:
  •  Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
I LOVED the finished product! The citrus flavors were just as delicious as I knew they'd be, and they complimented the elderflower and botanical flavors of the St. Germain and gin just perfectly. And of course, that pretty pink shade it comes out to be!


Cheers!!
xoxx, Laura

No comments