March Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


Happy April! When I changed my calendar this morning it felt like we had been in March forever... We're *officially* in spring now, and I'm looking forward to some more springy weather! Today is pretty nice, but it's calling for rain and colder weather later in the week, and I have just about run out of workwear outfits for this dang weather. 😂 This is why spring is my least favorite season, but I am powering through til summer! Enough of my spring shade, let me tell you about my March favorites!

    1. Gigi Pip Jolie boater hat: I've become a big fan of straw hats over the last several years, and one of my favorite styles is this oversized boater that's slightly dome-shaped - maximum coverage! I got this black one in the S/M size and I can't wait to wear it this summer.
    2. Grasscloth belt: I have the similar leather version of this belt and wear it a ton, so I knew I'd love the raffia version just as much since I wear raffia belts so often in the spring and summer. I sized down to an XS because I wear it around my natural waist rather than my hips.
    3. Missy by Rosie Jane: Rosie by Rosie Jane is my favorite perfume of all time, so I was excited to try the brand's brand new scent, Missy. It's a great summer scent - it starts off very coconut-forward when you first spray it, but the dry down is more of a warm solar which is my favorite type of fragrance to wear for summer. My mom always compliments it when I wear it around her, and she is picky about fragrances!
    4. Tangelos: We are nearing the end of citrus season, so get your tangelos while you can! They're also called minneolas, and they are THE most delicious citrus fruit - they're a hybrid of a tangerine and an orange, and they're SO sweet and flavorful.
    5. Palm Noosa Noddy dress: GUYS I think this might be my new favorite dress... I saw it on Krystin Lee last summer and fell in love with the tomato print but didn't get it because it was pricey, then I randomly remembered it recently and looked it up and was pleasantly surprised to find it on sale! I got it for around $200 which is more than I usually spend on dresses, but I make an exception once or twice a year and THIS is one that I just had to splurge on!
    6. Brown knee high boots: I have mentioned the Franco Sarto Katherine boots about 101 times at this point - they are my favorite knee high boot. I've owned them in black for many years, and got a chocolate brown pair that are just as chic and wearable.
    7. Station drop necklace: I love this style of necklace for layering - I had one for years that I loved that got too tarnished to wear, so I replaced it with this one. I like it because the stones stay facing forward and don't twist around.
    8. Josh Reserve buttery chardonnay: I've become a big fan of buttery chardonnay over the past year, and I recently tried this one and LOVE it! It reminds me a lot of my favorite one that is expensive and very hard to find - this one is under $20 and available at most grocery stores.
    9. Dry shampoo: I saw this dry shampoo recommended as a clean option, and it works very well! It smells nice and I appreciate that it's "clean," but it is more expensive than the
    10. Watching: It didn't feel like I watched many new things this month, but I have several recommendations! The ending and reunion of the latest Love is Blind season were great. Kenny and I have also started The Characters which is a Tim Robinson show and you'll like it if you like his other stuff. I hate to call the Quiet on Set documentary "good" because it is so sad, but it was very enlightening and a very interesting documentary. I'd been wanting to watch Bodies Bodies Bodies since it came out and Kenny and I watched it last week and I really liked it! Definitely and very A24 movie.
       

I hope you have a great week! Kenny and I are going to the Nicki Minaj concert in DC tonight and I am so excited, but I'm also already tired just thinking about it. 😂 She's not scheduled to go on until 9:00, but I've heard at other dates that she's come on as late as 10:00 and that is past my bedtime, and then we have to drive two hours home afterwards! I took tomorrow off of work to sleep in and recover, which I am so grateful I can do!

xoxx, Laura

No comments