23 Favorites From 2023

This post contains commissionable links.
 

SHOP THE COLLAGE:


Drumroll please... Today I present to you my top 23 favorites of 2023! These are all items that I've loved over the last year (or two!) and are unique from last year's yearly favorites (all of which I still swear by!) You might recognize most of these things from my monthly favorites posts over the last year, but I also threw in a few wildcard things that I remembered, too!

    1. Juvia's Place The Coffee Shop palette: Juvia's Place makes my FAVORITE affordable eyeshadows - I have several of their palettes and this one is my most recent favorite. It has the perfect assortment of everyday brown shades, including some gorgeous shimmers.
    2. Tarte Tartelette Clay Matte palette: I knew the FIRST time I used this palette that it would make my yearly favorites post - purple eyeshadows are my favorites, and this one has the perfect assortment of matte shades for everyday wear.
    3. Lanolips overnight mask: By now you know that I am world's BIGGEST Lanolips 101 Ointment Multi-Balm fan - it's seriously my most-repurchased product EVER. They came out with an overnight mask this year and I love it just as much, if not more!
    4. The Bar sweatshirts: If you're a basic B like me then you're probably familiar with the varsity crewnecks from The Bar. Are these groundbreaking or irreplacable in any way? Absolutely not, but they're fun and trendy, and to be quite frank that's why I love them so much. 😂
    5. Yoga pants: I have been unexpectedly delighted by the return of the yoga pants trend - I have two pairs of these and they're SO soft and stretchy and perfectly high-waisted. I would say they're true to size, I have pairs in small and extra small and both fit, so I would say if you're in between sizes you could go either way.
    6. Columbia PFG SPF shirts: Now that I have fully embraced the pale skin/sun protection life, these shirts are the GOAT for days spent out in the sun. They provide sun protection equivalent to SPF 40-50, and I love not having to worry as much about reapplying sunscreen on my upper body while I'm wearing these. I have a men's one in a size small that's very oversized, and a women's one in a size medium for a more relaxed fit. 
    7. Candy necklaces: I think I wore candy necklaces in almost every summer outfit post last year. 😂 They're very versatile despite being colorful and more of a statement piece. My favorite affordable ones are from this shop on Etsy, they're beautiful and have a zillion color options! The aquamarine quartz and turquoise ones are my favorites.
    8. Cat eye sunglasses: These are a dupe for the Le Specs Air Heart sunglasses which I used to own but sold in favorite of these! The Le Specs ones aren't particularly high quality, so the Amazon ones are very comparable and I prefer the cheaper ones in case they get broken or lost.
    9. Headband: I'm a major headband wearer, and this is the most comfortable headband I own, and also probably the least expensive one! It doesn't even begin to bother me after wearing it all day.
    10. Reversible bamboo buckle belt: This belt is two in one - it's brown on one side and black on the other! It's one of my very favorite accessories, I love the gold bamboo buckle.
    11. Williams Sonoma aprons: I have a few different Williams Sonoma aprons and they're my favorites. They're nice quality, have an adjustable neck strap, extra long waist ties, big pockets, and come out in so many fun patterns seasonally! You can also get them embroidered with your name or initials.
    12. Inslee Fariss desk calendar: This desk calendar brightens my day every time I look at it! The prints are so gorgeous and high quality and the art makes me want to get into painting.
    13. 40oz Simple Modern tumbler: Better than the Stanley tumbler, stop playing yourselves! Cheaper, more leakproof, bye.
    14. 10oz Yeti tumbler: This size Yeti is perfect for a small coffee or a large wine, and fits in a cupholder!
    15. Simple Modern cocktail shaker: I'm an amateur mixologist, and I love this cocktail shaker because it's insulated so you don't freeze your fingers while you use it, and lid and cap seal so they don't leak. The cap also doubles as an ounce measure!
    16. Rabbit wine set: My parents gave this to me for Christmas in 2022 and it's the best wine opener set! It comes with an electric corkscrew (the charge lasts forever!), a foil cutter, a drip collar, an aerator, and two bottle seals.
    17. Digital scale: I originally got this to weigh packages, but ended up keeping it in the kitchen a food scale! It's super helpful to use with recipes that list ingredients by weight rather than volume. It's also really helpful for pasta servings because we all know it's hard to gauge how much dry pasta is a proper serving. 😂
    18. Scrigit: This is such a silly little tool but so useful! It's basically something you can use to pick at small things like price stickers, and it's great if you have fragile nails like me and want to preserve your manicure.
    19. Box cutter: If you get a lot of packages then you'll love this thing, Kenny and I use it all the time and I've gotten them for family and friends too.
    20. Shenandoah National Park season pass: If you live near a national park, a season pass is one of the best things that money can buy! It pays for itself in 2 visits, and some of Kenny's and my favorite memories over the past couple of years are from the SNP.
    21. Shows: My two favorite shows of the year were Jury Duty on Prime, and Better Call Saul on Netflix. Jury Duty is one of the funniest, most clever shows I've ever seen - it's a "documentary" that follows a jury as they work on a case, but the catch is that everything is completely set up and all of the members of the show are actors except for one guy who truly believes that this is a real jury. Better Call Saul is an oldie but a goodie - I absolutely love Breaking Bad but had never watched Better Call Saul, and it was so good!
    22. 100 Gecs: This is the artist that I discovered this year that I listened to the most. You may be surprised to learn that I like a lot of strange music, and this band is no exception. 😂 "Money Machine" was my #1 song of the year on Spotify Wrapped, but some of my other favorite songs from them (and also some of the more "normal" ones) are "Hollywood Baby," "Dumbest Girl Alive," and "757."
    23. Covet Fashion: Last but not least, a fashion phone game. 😂 I used to play this game in college and randomly re-downloaded it earlier this year and haven't stopped playing. If you loved dress up games as a kid, then you'll love this one - it has daily outfit challenges that use in-season clothes from real designers that actually exist in real life!


Have a great weekend! We're expecting a decent amount of snow tomorrow, so I'm not planning on going anywhere! It will give me a good opportunity to get my Christmas decor put away - I hate the process of taking everything down but it's so nice once everything is all clean!

xoxx, Laura

No comments