2022 Favorites


It's that time of year again: yearly favorites time! As you may know, favorites posts are some of my *favorites* to read, as well as my favorites to write! I publish a "favorites" post each month, and at the end of each year, I like compiling my favorite and most-used products from the past 12 months. I try not to repeat things from year to year, so I'm linking previous yearly favorites posts at the bottom of the page if you want to see some more of my favorites (clearly I'm not trying to limit the number of times I say "favorites" in this post, so just bear with me 😂).

    1. Veja Campos: These embody the oxymoron of "dressy sneakers" for me. They're cute styled with jeans and more casual dresses, and I always pack them with me on trips where I know I'll be doing a lot of walking. They're true to size and comfortable, but they have hardly any arch support, so keep that in mind if you prefer more supportive sneakers.
    2. Adidas Swift Runs: In contrast with the Vejas, these were my favorite athletic sneakers this year. They're super comfy and lightweight and great for walking and low-impact workouts, plus they're super cute!
    3. Merrell Moab 2: I never thought I'd have a hiking boot on my yearly favorites, but these are amazing! Kenny and I did a lot of hiking this year and my previous pair of boots gave out after our first hike, so I replaced them with these and I LOVE them - they're super comfy right out of the box and I appreciate the ankle support. Kenny got the men's version, and we'd both repurchase these again and again!
    4. Rattan belt: This was my most-worn accessory this year - It's so great over dresses and I wore it in many blog posts! 
    5. Amazon leggings: After most of my older leggings wore out in recent years, I replaced them wiht this pair (which I'm wearing as I type this!) and they're perfect. Compressive but still stretchy and comfy, a good length, and perfectly high-waisted. 
    6. Ulta Luxe Lipsticks (mischievous 313, more mauve 371): All of my favorite drugstore lipsticks have always been from Maybelline, but I added the Ulta Luxe lipstcks to my favorites this year! My most-worn shades are Mischievous (313), and More Mauve (371).
    7. JD Glow eyeshadows: You have GOT to try these eyeshadows - they're handmade in Louisiana and better than any others I've tried in terms of pigmentation. I like the metallon formula the best, but the shimmer and galaxy formulas are amazing too (I've never tried the matte ones). They're very affordable, in part because they're sold in single pans, so make sure you have a magnetic palette to use if you buy them.
    8. Tanologist drops: Of all of the tanning products I've used over the years, these have been my favorite! You just add the drops to your body lotion and the color develops over time. I like that you can control how much you use, and there's no color guard. The product does transfer a little but nothing crazy, and it does have that classic "self tanner" smell, but not to the extent that most other products do.
    9. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle: A few different new-to-me fragrance favorites this year! I started using this one at the end of 2021 and it's one of the most captivating fragrances ever - no wonder so many women have chosen it as their signature scent!
    10. Replica Autumn Vibes: I got this fragrance in fall of 2021, and I grew to REALLY love it over the past year. It's a very unique woodsy, more masculine fragrance that I think a lot of women would stray away from, but it's really great for the colder months. As a bonus, my dad hates ALL fragrances other than pure cinnamon candles, and he admitted to liking this one the other day (unprompted - I couldn't believe it!)
    11. Nest Turkish Rose: This fragrance has been a favorite for about 6 months and it is SO gorgeous. It's a true floral but like nothing else I've ever owned - it's powerful but feminine and would make a great wedding scent. It's a fragrance oil so it lasts a really long time and the sillage is good.
    12. Down throw blanket: This is another 2021 purchase that I've fallen in love with over the past year - it's in my lap as I write this post! It's a super fluffy, warm down blanket - basically a throw-sized comforter! I use it every day when I sit on the couch, even in the summer.
    13. Cat tree: If you have a cat and don't have a cat tree, GET ONE! Kenny decided that Roxy needed a cat tree, and I was down for her to have one but I didn't really want that ugly thing in my living room. 😂 BUT after seeing how much she LOVES it, I wish we had gotten one sooner! I can't find the exact one we got online, but the one I linked is similar and about the same height. It warms my heart to see how much Roxy loves climbing and hanging out in her tree, plus she scratches on it too so she rarely scratches furniture anymore!
    14. Simple Modern 28oz tumbler: This has replaced my Yeti tumblers as my favorite water cup - it's large, leakproof (even around the straw!) and keeps ice frozen FOREVER.
    15. Dutch oven: Every home chef dreams of owning a Le Creuset dutch oven, and I've used the heck out of mine over the past year! I mainly use it for soups (which I make a lot of), but I also like using it for baking round loaves of bread.
    16. Zweisel wine glasses: I often mention that Riedel wine glasses are my all-time favorites, but the Zweisel brand has become a close second this year! They're very thin, dishwasher safe, and come in very attractive shapes.
    17. Kirkland Malbec: This $7 wine has become my go-to weeknight wine this year. It tastes amazing for $7, I always have some on hand!
    18. Daring chicken: This is a bit of a random one, but as a vegetarian I'm always on the lookout for the next impressive meat substitute. Beef can be duped pretty well, but a lot of fake chicken isn't very good. This is the best plant-based chicken I've ever had, and It's all I use!  
    19. Jalapeno Cheetos: This is kind of a silly one, but I felt like I had to include a snack and I wanted to round out the list to 20 things!
    20. Nicki Minaj: 2022 was the YEAR of Nicki Minaj. 😂 I've always been a fan of hers, but I got really into all of her music this year and she was my most-listened-to artist.


Previous yearly favorites posts: 2019, 2020, 2021

I hope you've been having a great new year so far - I just know that 2023 is gonna be great!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments