Some Recent Recipe Favorites

After the whirlwind of the holidays, I've been getting back into my regular cooking schedule and I've been in kind of a rut! I figured a lot of you may be in the same boat, so today I'm sharing some of the recipes I've made recently in hopes of finding some dinner inspiration.

Image via The Kitchn

Sweet Corn Orzotto: This is a taste of summer! I actually only recommend making this when sweet corn is in season, but if you have some saved in the freezer like me then you can make it year-round! This dish is the perfect combination of fresh and comforting with the creamy orzo and bright basil.

Image via Well Plated

Asian Cabbage Salad: I love a colorful salad, and I use this recipe as a base for a salad that's hearty enough for dinner - I add cucumber, vegan chicken, avocado, scallions, and toss everything with Makoto ginger dressing which is my favorite store-bought Asian dressing!

Image via Sweet as Honey

Cottage Cheese Alfredo: When you're looking to lighten up a pasta dish, this cottage cheese alfredo sauce is so good! I often serve it over the Wegman's cauliflower linguini and it's super yummy.

Image via Savory Lotus

Red Curry Lentil Soup: Kenny and I love red curry and lentil soup, so you can imagine my delight when I discovered this recipe. 😂  It is SO flavorful and packed with plant-based protein and vitamins!

Image via Healthy Little Peach

Egg Roll in a Bowl & Coconut Rice: This is basically a "healthy" version of the inside of an egg roll, served as a bowl. I use Beyond beef to make it vegetarian and serve it over the Half Baked Harvest coconut rice (that recipe is only in her cookbook, but I linked a similar one).

Image via Isabel Eats

Black Bean Enchiladas: These black bean enchiladas are SO yummy! I serve them topped with sour cream and diced avocado.

Image via Just What We Eat

Quinoa and Black Bean Enchilada Bake: This quinoa and black bean bake is SO delicious, I like to serve it for dinner with tortilla chips, but it would also make a fun dip to bring to a party.

Image via Olivia's Cuisine

Bolognese: I decided to try my hand at "traditional" bolognese sauce (made vegetarian with Beyond beef) and this was so yummy! I highly recommend serving it with pappardelle like the recipe recommends, I'm usually not too particular about pasta shapes but the pappardelle definitely elevated my bolognese experience, ha!

Image via It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken

Image via Key to my Lime

Chili & Cornbread: This vegan chili is SO good - the "meat" is roasted seasoned tofu and if you previously didn't like tofu, I think you'd really like this! I make it non-vegan by adding cheese and sour cream, but the chili on its own is absolutely delicious. The last time I made chili, I tried this cornbread recipe for the first time because I had a random can of creamed corn and it was SO good - moist and flavorful!

Image via Cookie and Kate

Pho: I'm certain that I've shared this pho recipe before, but if you've never made it you must! The broth is delicious and I like to garnish it with bean sprouts, shiitake mushrooms, cilantro, jalapenos, lime, and sriracha.

Image via Marley's Menu

Pastina: My tiktok algorithm has had a lot of pastina recipes lately, so I tried this one and it is absolutely delicious! I love that the broth contains pureed veggies. I garnish mine with a pat of butter and some parmesan cheese.

Image via Back to my Southern Roots

Chocolate Sugar Cookies: I make hundreds of cookies over the holidays, most of which are my tried-and-true favorite recipes. This year, I replaced the chocolate cookies recipe I usually make with this one and it was a huge hit! I did modify the recipe slightly - I ended up rolling the dough balls in sugar and chilling them before baking which I think really elevated them. The cookies spread a lot and get pretty thin, but they stay chewy and yummy. My mom said these would be great to make ice cream sandwiches in the summer, so we are definitely going to try that later this year!

What have you been cooking lately? Let me know, I'm always looking for new recipes to try!

xoxx, Laura

No comments