December Favorites

This post contains commissionable links.


Happy New Year!! I'm coming at you today with my final favorites post of 2023! You know that these are some of my very favorite posts to write, and to read from others, so you'll hopefully be excited to hear that I have my 2023 favorites post coming later this week, so stay tuned for that one!

    1. Abercrombie 90’s slim straight jeans: Before I got these jeans, ALL of my jeans were cropped/ankle length and I was having trouble finding any that were full length (and I'm not particularly tall - only 5'6"ish!) These are true to size, the perfect full length, and super high-waisted. I like them because they're more fitted through the thighs and straighter from the knee down, and you can layer them over booties without your ankles peeking through (scandalous!!!)
    2. Sequence: My mom got this game and my family played it a lot over the holidays. You can play with 2-12 people, and the rules are simple and easy to learn. It involves strategy and a little luck!
    3. Pink Friday 2: By this point you all know I am a major Nicki Minaj fan - I'm going to see her this spring and can't wait! I've been loving her new album - I even ordered an autographed copy of it but it keeps getting delayed. 😂
    4. Long puffer coat: I am so incredibly obsessed with this coat that I'm just going to list the many things I love about it: it's super puffy and cozy and feels like you're wearing a duvet, it has a HUGE hood that cinches and is also removable, it's super long (mid-calf), it ties at the waist, it has fleece-lined zippered pockets, and it has an extra long sleeve lining with thumb holes so you can easily layer your gloves on top and your wrists won't get exposed. It runs very large, I got an XS and still have more than enough room to layer. Currently on sale 50% off!
    5. 14 Hands Hot to Trot: I've talked about this wine at least a couple of times on the blog before! It's such a great affordable pick - if you can find it at Costco, it's less than $10 and tastes much more expensive. My mom and I both brought it to gatherings over the holidays - It's a smooth red blend that's a safe crowd-pleasing option if you're serving it to others, but we both genuinely love it and drink it on our own.
    6. Heart initial necklace: Fun charm necklaces with interesting chains have been trending lately, and this one is a great inexpensive option! It's perfect for layering, under $50, and would make a great Valentine's Day gift.
    7. Spode Christmas drinkware: I absolutely LOVE using the Spode Christmas collection drinkware around the holidays! It's a fun way to add a classic festive touch to your table setting without switching out every single dish. I like these mugs and these mugs, they're both relatively small and perfect for a little cup of coffee. I also have the stemless wine glasses and champagne flutes which I enjoy using through New Years! Since we're post-holidays, you can probably get a good deal on a lot of the Spode holiday pieces - I got my champagne flutes on clearance a few years ago for only $8 for a set of four!
    8. Cable twist earrings: I saw Sydney of Summer Wind recommend these earrings as an affordable alternative to the David Yurman cable hoops and I absolutely LOVE them, I've been wearing them constantly! They're so nice and an amazing deal at under $15.
    9. Tissue turtleneck: This is a great piece to layer under sweaters, cardigans, and pullovers. There's something 80's/90's about it that I love! It comes in a bunch of colors each season. J.Crew Factory has the same one, but stock is better on J.Crew currently.
    10. Dream Scenario: This is the only new thing I watched last month! Kenny and I went to see it and it was so funny and weird-in-a-good-way. It was also a little sad which I wasn't expecting, but overall a really great watch!
    11. Connections: If you ever enjoyed playing Wordle (I still do!) then you'll probably like Connections too - it's another daily word game from The New York Times that involves 16 different words which make up four different categories, but it's up to you to try and categorize them correctly. Some days are fairly easy and some are quite hard!

I hope your holiday whirlwind was a good one! It definitely hurts getting back into work this week, but it always feels good to get back into a schedule. Speaking of schedules, I hope to get back to my *intended* Monday, Wednesday, Friday posting schedule in the New Year! I have a few outfits ready to share and I'm working on getting my yearly favorites post finished, so I will see you back here very soon!

xoxx, Laura

No comments