Layering With a Turtleneck

This post contains commissionable links.

As someone who's always cold (ESPECIALLY with these frigid temperatures we've been having lately!) I'm BIG into layering, and tis the season! One style I've been loving lately is turtlenecks under everything, so today I'm sharing some inspo! My favorite turtleneck tee shirt to layer with is the tissue turtleneck from J.Crew and J.Crew Factory - linking both of those below (on sale!) along with several more options.


I remember in high school thinking that turtlenecks were so lame, and now they're one of my favorite things to wear. I'm sure past me would be embarrassed of the way I dress now, just as I am now embarrassed at some of the things I wore back in high school. 😂

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

I try not to leave my chest bare in the wintertime, so layering a turtleneck tee underneath your favorite v-neck cardigan is a great styling option for chilly weather. Don't forget to accessorize with your favorite necklaces!

Image via

Image via

I wore an outfit very similar to the one above to the office today, just with a gray cardigan! I really lose workwear outfit inspiration when it's cold out, but this combo is simple, makes me feel chic, and is toasty warm!

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

I love a pullover sweater with a turtleneck underneath, it's so incredibly 90s mom chic. My favorite kind of sweater to layer a turtleneck underneath is a fair isle sweater - effortlessly apres ski, no snow required!

Image via

Image via

There are a lot of great denim shirt options available right now that western-ish Ralph Lauren style is popular again, and my favorite way to style a denim shirt is with a turtleneck underneath. It also looks really good with a shirt dress - I have a denim shirt dress that I look forward to layering with!

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Image via

Last but not least, layered loungewear! 90s style is back and better than ever, and I've been loving the turtleneck-under-sweatshirts look that I believe Princess Diana would've worn. Kenny and I often go to college basketball games, and the outfit in the photo above is pretty much what I always wear - sometimes with a puffer vest on top.

xoxx, Laura

No comments