January Favorites

 


It feels like forever since I've done a favorites post for some reason, even though I had two in January (my December favorites and 2022 favorites!) I've seen the "January has been a long year" meme going around, and I agree it did feel long compared to the past few months which seemed to FLY by!  I have a bunch of good favorites to share from the month, so let's get into it!

    1. Padded velvet headband: I never knew I could be so picky about a plain black headband, but I'll save you the details and just let you know that THIS is the perfect one! It's padded but not super thick, and not super tight.
    2. Hanalei lip balm: Y'all know I LOVE lip balm and my Lanolips balm is a desert island product for me, but when my friend was raving about this balm I had to try it. While it still doesn't trump my beloved Lano, it's a really good option. It's thick and long-lasting, and made from natural ingredients. It kind of smells like Vaseline or Carmex, but it tastes sweet. I got the clear version, but it comes in tinted shades as well. My only dislike about this balm is that it's extremely thick, so you have to warm it up in your hands (or you can stick it in your pocket) for a few minutes before applying it, otherwise it's almost impossible to squeeze out of the tube.
    3. Tarte eyeshadow palette: I've had my eye on this palette for many years, and I was finally able to justify getting it after decluttering some of my eyeshadow palettes. As SOON as I tried it I knew it would be one of my all time favorites (alongside my favorite Juvia's Place palettes). The shades are rich and easy to blend, and I love the mauve hues of this particular palette.
    4. Starbucks Veranda blend Vertuo coffee: I don't understand why more brands aren't making Nespresso pods! To my knowledge, Starbucks is the only other brand that produces Vertuo pods, and I love having a little more variety. My favorite blend that I've tried is the Veranda blend, and they have several other coffee blends as well as espresso blends.
    5. Francis Ford Coppola Diamond Collection Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon: Long name, huh? 😂 Kenny and I picked up this under $20 Cab to bring to a New Year's Eve party, and I fell in love with it! It tastes more expensive than it is, it's robust and perfectly balanced.
    6. Simple Modern 40oz tumbler: Stanley cups who?! I'm a big fan of the Simple Modern brand, so when I saw they had a response to the infamous Stanley tumbler, I had to get one. In my opinion, these are better than the Stanley ones based on two features: the straws are leak-proof and they come with two straws.
    7. Morningstar Farms maple sausage: I've been in my breakfast sandwich ERA and these vegan sausages have been the MVP. I would've never gotten the maple flavor because I typically dislike maple, but the plain ones were sold out when I was looking for them. It turns out the maple sausages totally make the sandwich! If you're curious about my breakfast sandwiches preferences, I do a toasted English muffin, an over hard egg (fried in butter with crispy edges!), cheese, sausage, avocado, sriracha, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. YUM!
    8. Signet ring: My beloved pinky signet ring broke, so I got this one to replace it with and it's SUCH nicer quality than my previous one. The best thing about this particular ring is that it comes in super small sizes - my pinky is size 2.5 and it's hard to find affordable rings that carry stock sizes that small.
    9. Cool cats mug: Just a cute a$$ mug! I *try* to limit the number of mugs I get, but after one of my other cat mugs broke, I convinced myself I needed this one. If you're a dog lover rather than a cat person, there's a dog version too.
    10. Inslee Farris desk calendar: I followed Inslee on Instagram a few years ago and I just adore her work - the botanical details are so whimsical and smart, and her pieces inspire me greatly to learn to watercolor, I keep saying that I'm going to start! After years of admiring the desk calendar she releases each year, I finally got one and it brings me so much joy! I was so excited to change it from January to February this morning.
    11. Pop punk playlist: Y'ALL I am a pop punk kid at heart, so a few months ago I compiled all of my favorite pop punk songs that I could find on Spotify and compiled them into a playlist. It gives me such a serotonin boost, some of these songs I hadn't listened to in years and I have such fun memories associated with them!
    12. Watching: Kenny and I watched a few great shows this month! Our favorite was probably Paul T. Goldman on Peacock, which is SUCH a unique show in a format I've never seen before. It's a basically a documentary structured around the filming of the movie adaptation of book about a man's "mostly-true" story of fraud and deceit at the hands of his ex wife. It's hard to describe, but we highly recommend it! I also watched the latest season of Love Island Australia on Hulu and OMG it was so good! I think it's been my absolute favorite season of Love Island aside from the UK season with Molly Mae and Tommy (did you see they had their baby?? So sweet!) The last new show we've watched lately is Welcome to Chippendales, also on Hulu. It's based on the true story of the man who started the first Chippendale club in LA and has a lot of true crime aspects to it, which I wasn't expecting!


I hope your week is going well! Mine has been good. We got a dusting of snow last night so I've been enjoying the view from my office today. It's been a relatively mild winter, but I'm hoping for at least one *true* snowstorm before spring arrives. I love the snow!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments