4 Current Favorite Drugstore Lipsticks

Lipstick in "Mischievous" | Sweater | Headband | Similar earrings

When it comes to lipstick shades, I'm fairly picky. I like shades that are neutral-ish and suitable for cool-toned skin. So many shades end up looking orange-y on me! Over the years I've curated a shortlist of lipstick shades that work best for me, and every single one of them is $10 or less! Today I wanted to share my top four that I keep in my purse at all times.

  1. Maybelline Nude Nuance: This is my most-worn lipstick shade of all time. I've worn it since college, and it's the shade I wore for my wedding. It's a matte formula in the perfect darker nude for my skin tone, and looks great year-round.
  2. Maybelline Touchable Taupe: This is a really great nude for cool skintones. It's a true taupe, but doesn't have gray undertones that make you look like a corpse. This is more of a satin formula so it has a tiny bit of sheen to it, and doesn't last as long as a matte.
  3. Ulta Mischievous (313): This is the lipstick I'm wearing in the photo above, it's perfect dusty rose shade. All of the Ulta Luxe Lipsticks are described as a satin formula, but this one is definitely more on the matte side.
  4. Ulta More Mauve (371): This shade is a cool, mauvey pink, and another one that's perfect for my girls with cool-toned skin. It's in the realm of a nude, but the mauve tones give it a little extra depth. This one has a true satin formula that's easy to apply and comfortable to wear, but doesn't have the longevity of a matte.


I hope you had a great weekend! I didn't even stay up to finish watching the Super Bowl last night, but I am still extra tired. I usually fall asleep around 11:00 most nights, but I've been trying to go to bed a little earlier lately. It's surprising how hard shifting your schedule even an hour is. Kenny usually gets home from work around 3-4 hours later than I do, so I always want to soak up as much time together before bed as I can, so that makes it more difficult when I'd rather hang out with him all night!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments