Trend Spotlight: Sleek Satin


Satin is one of my favorite textures to wear in the winter when dressing up an outfit. It's been majorly on trend the past few years, especially with "sleepwear" fashion on the rise (think lace bras under blazers, satin button downs, and slip dresses). Today I'm sharing my favorite satin pieces that are perfect for dressing up your winter wardrobe.


DRESSES

Satin dresses are a great wedding guest dress option, especially in the wintertime. This one is a beautiful shade of navy, and I love the shoulder tie. This one is a gorgeous and unique option - I LOVE the open back. It comes in five colors, including ivory which would make a great bachelorette party or rehearsal dinner dress. When in doubt, you can't go wrong with a classic slip dress! This one comes in 14 different colors, and is so easy to layer and dress up or down.


CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES

One of the easiest satin clothing pieces to style is a blouse. I have this affordable emerald green one and it looks so nice tucked into a pair of coated jeans. I also love styling a satin button up for an easy, chic look (no matter how many times people tell me it looks like pajamas 😂). 


Satin midi skirts have really taken off in the past couple of years, and I especially love them around the holidays. This one is affordable, and the cut and fit of it is better than a lot of the more expensive ones I've seen. Plus, it comes in a ton of colors! Perfect with a matching sweater and heels for a monochromatic look.


I have some satin knotted headbands from Amazon, and I love them! They're great to throw on when your hair just isn't doing it for you. Also in the satin accessory category, I just picked up these bow earrings and they're SO beautiful, I highly recommend them!

When it comes to satin shoes, no one does it better than Badgley Mischka. My wedding shoes were by them, and I recently got this pair for no reason other than that I wanted them. 😂 They're a great occasion shoe! For something a little more affordable, I LOVE this pair that's such a great dupe for the Jimmy Choo Bing mules


Well, we're in the final countdown to Christmas! It always feels especially imminent when all of the shipping deadlines have passed. 😂 I hope you have a great week, whatever your traditions are! I'm working today but off the rest of the week, so I'm looking forward to some relaxation! I have one more outfit post planned for this week and I'm hoping to get a fun NYE look shot as well, but I'm not sure what the rest of the year holds as far as blog posts. Worst case scenario, I'll see you back at the beginning of the year for my December favorites!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments