Colorful Christmas Cheer


Don't these decorations just make you happy?? In downtown Harrisonburg this year, they did a window light tour where all of the businesses went all out with their holiday decor and there was a contest for best-decked. My personal favorite was Blue Ridge Florist (they always go all out whether there's a contest or not!), but this colorful display at Magpie Diner is a close second! I don't think they've announced a winner yet, but I'll be excited to see who it is because there are so many good ones. One of the breweries has a giant Christmas tree Lite Brite which is SO cool!



To go along with the gorgeous decor, I'm sharing a more casual holiday outfit idea that doubles as inspiration for how to style white jeans after Labor Day! (*gasp*) Straight white jeans are one of my favorite pieces to style. They feel dressier than classic denim, and they're brighter and more feminine than black denim.


I've styled this look with a red sweater which is especially fitting around the holidays, but this easy pairing would be great with any color. I also love a camel or brown sweater, or a fun icy blue with white jeans!


I accessorized this outfit with some of my favorite holiday touches - a plaid headband, bow pearl earrings, and classic red lip. This headband is probably my favorite festive accessory! I have it in the black colorway as well - I wear both of them a ton and people always comment on them.


The last thing I want to highlight is a pair of brown booties similar to mine that are currently 52% off! They come in four other neutral colors as well, including a really gorgeous taupey olive green.


I straightened my hair the day I took these photos which I don't normally do, but it was on its last leg before wash day and it needed some help. I try not to use heat on my hair, but it does look significantly better when I straighten it so I'll probably be doing it more often. 😝 I like the dimension in the layers it gives to flip the straightener toward the ends, it's an easy way to style your hair with little effort - especially if you're like me and SO not a hairstylist.


Lastly, I want to give a major thank you to my loyal photographer who spent part of his lunch break to get these photos for me! Kenny is rarely seen here on the blog, but he's always behind the lens and in our hearts. 😍 This thing called Shenandoah Sugar would not be possible without him!


Hope you're having a great week!!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments