12/10 Weekend Recap



Happy Monday! I'm back today with a good, old-fashioned weekend recap. Kenny and I had a spontaneously eventful weekend, and it was super fun. 


On Friday, we got tickets to the JMU semifinal football game against Montana. JMU WON (!!), so they're off to North Dakota this weekend to compete for the chance to go to the national championship in Frisco, Texas. They won back in 2016 and then went again in 2017 and 2019, so I'm really hoping they make it to the championship again because it's so much fun to watch!


On Saturday morning, Kenny and I headed down to Charlotte for a quick overnight to see my best friend in a show she's in at the Carowinds amusement park! I haven't seen her since October, so I was so excited to visit her and I was extra excited to be able to see her in a show! Most of the shows she's been in have been farther away, so I always make it a priority to see her perform whenever I can - I think the last show I was able to see her in was 2018!


She got us free tickets so I felt like a major VIP. 😂 The park was decorated so beautifully and it was so nice to walk around! I've only ever done amusement parks in the summer and for Halloween, so I was excited to visit one during Christmas and it did not disappoint.


The show was so much fun! The one my BFF is in is called "Cool Yule," so they sing pop-y versions of popular Christmas songs and it's high energy and fun. I couldn't get a great shot, but their costumes were adorable and the tree behind them constantly changed colors and had a patterned light show to go along with each of the songs which was so cool. The only downer was that it was super rainy that evening, so they weren't allowed to do their dance numbers and costume changes like they normally do, but it was still really good. They also usually do a tree lighting ceremony at the beginning of the evening and a parade at the end of the night which were both cancelled due to weather, so that was a major bummer, but I'm glad we got to see her main show! Kenny and I also went around and saw a swing band show, a Charlie Brown show, and a bluegrass show and they were all so good! There were SO many other shows to see, you couldn't possibly see them all in a night.

After the shows had wrapped up for the night, my friend got changed out of her costume and then Kenny and I went and picked her up and she took us to a bar called Carmela's that she and her friends from the cast go to almost every night for dinner. It was SO fun to meet all of her friends and hang out and get a glimpse into their lives as entertainers! They were all so hilarious and high-energy and we had a great time.


Before Kenny and I headed home on Sunday, we grabbed brunch with my friend at Famous Toastery and it was so good! She and I both got the avocado toast and Kenny got a breakfast sandwich with Beyond sausage and everything was amazing! I also got a Bloody Mary that was extra horseradish-y which is what I love! After brunch, Kenny and I headed back home. We had such a great time in Charlotte and I was so glad we got down there to see my friend in her show and have a fun holiday weekend! I can't believe that Christmas is is less than two weeks away, I truly feel like it just turned from summer to fall. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess!

xoxx, Laura

No comments