Sparkly Makeup Faves

 

I originally had this post titled "Favorite Sparkly Makeup for the Holidays," but almost all of my recent posts say "holidays" somewhere in the title, so I wanted to give it a rest. 😂 Regardless, if there's one thing I love, it's a bit of sparkle - ESPECIALLY around the holidays! I like adding a bit of glitz to my makeup routine year-round, but even more so as we approach Christmas and New Year's. Today I'm highlighting my favorite makeup products to use to add some sparkle and shine to your look!

Sale alerts: Sephora is currently offering 20% off of everything with code GIFTEASY (ends December 12th), and Ulta is offering $10 off any $50 buy online, pick up in store order (ends today!)

  1. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in "Ladybird": This is the most affordable product on the list, and one I use almost every day! It's a super beautiful, sparkly eyeshadow that photos cannot do justice. I use it as a shadow topper over my lid, and it's most easily applied with a fingertip. I've tried a several of the Super Shock Shadows, and this one is by far the sparkliest.
  2. MAC Dazzleshadow: This is another great eyeshadow topper. You could also use these on their own, but they're relatively sheer. Like with the Colourpop shadow, I recommend using a fingertip to apply these for the best, most pigmented results.
  3. Urban Decay Vice Metallized Lipstick in "Amulet": I am very pleased to share this product today because I was afraid it had been discontinued! Urban Decay recently revamped their packaging, and this lipstick shade is not available in the new packaging, but they still have it in stock (and on sale!) in the original packaging, so that's good enough for now! I ordered myself a backup tube in case they don't end up bringing it back in the new packaging. The finish is "metallized," which gives it a certain frosty, dimensional look that's perfect for the holidays. It definitely aligns with all of the Y2K trends going on rights now, but it's still wearable if you're not into those trends. The shade itself is a BEAUTIFUL brick rose that would be flattering on many skin tones.
  4. Buxom Plumping Lip Polish in "Celeste": This is my all-time favorite lip gloss! It's a plumping formula with a minty, cooling feeling (not uncomfortable like other plumping glosses can be). The shade "Celeste" is sheer with the most beautiful micro glitter throughout. I think their most popular shade is "Dominique," which is another beautiful sparkly shade. The formula is more on the sticky side, but I don't mind because it makes it more long-lasting.
  5. Lancôme Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss: This is another solid lip gloss! I slightly prefer the formula of the Buxom gloss, but the application of this one is better in my opinion because of the packaging. My favorite sparkly shades are "Marshmallow Electro," "Magic Spell," and "Birthday Confetti."
  6. Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost in "Sarcophagus": I love a super bright highlighter, and this is the best formula I've found. A little goes a long way, and you can build it up to be SUPER blinding. I especially love this one on the brow bone!
  7. Fenty Diamond Bomb in "How Many Carats?!": This is a truly unique product, it's basically a sheer highlighter with micro glitter. I don't use it super often, but I love it for a night out or a fancy poolside moment. It comes in three different shades!
  8. NYX Glitter Goals Eyeliner: I pretty much only use this around the holidays to add a fun pop of glitter to my look. I line the lower inner corner of my eyes (under my eyelashes, not the waterline!) and it really makes your eyes stand out.


I hope your weekend is amazing! Kenny and I are going to a football game tonight, and then we're off on a quick trip to Charlotte tomorrow to visit my best friend and see her in a Christmas show that she's a part of! I am SO excited to see her!

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments