Festive Holiday Red

Skirt (similar) | Similar sweater | Boots (similar)
Earrings | LV Pochette Accesories NM


Hellooooo and happy Wednesday! Today I'm back with what might be my favorite holiday outfit of the season. I know it's only early December, but I am so in love with this tartan plaid skirt and I've been wearing it as much as possible! 


By now it's probably clear that J.Crew and J.Crew Factory are my very favorite retailers, and their skirts are arguably my favorite pieces that they do. The one I'm wearing is the *third* one I've gotten this year, I just can't resist a good skirt. 😂 They've changed their sizing over the years, their skirts used to run 1-2 sizes large, but they've been more true-to-size in recent years. With wool skirts, I usually pick a size with a little extra room in the waist because I like to be able to tuck a sweater into them, so that's what I did with this one. Several reviews state that it runs super small, but I thought it ran true to size - I'm in a 2.


Slim-fitting turtlenecks get a lot of wear in my wardrobe - they're perfect for layering and tucking into skirts and pants. This red one is old, but this similar one is on sale for only $12 and I love the slight puff sleeves! These inexpensive ones from H&M are my go-to for layering, they fit really well and come in a ton of neutral colors. These from French Connection are my mom's and my favorites, they're great quality and you can often find them for around $25 at TJ Maxx. I also LOVE these merino wool ones from (you guessed it) J.Crew Factory.


I just noticed there's lipstick on my teeth in this photo, so moving past that in 3, 2, 1... How cute are these earrings?? I got them in the same order as my skirt and I've worn them a bunch already. They're such a fun twist on a classic pearl stud, and you can wear them year-round - I love them with cream sweaters and tops.


I'm getting my CHRISTMAS NAILS done today, and I'm so excited! Having my nails freshly done is one of my favorite things. I always just get plain gel and I would usually get a deep red like OPI "Malaga Wine" for Christmastime, but I think this time I'll get something a little more festive like "I'm Not Really a Waitress" or "Bogota Blackberry." Because I'm ~such a virgo~ I usually have my nail colors planned out 1-3 months in advance... It just excites me! 😂 For anyone who cares, I'm planning on doing my tried and true favorites "Black Cherry Chutney" and "Chiffon My Mind" in the coming months.


I hope you have a great rest of your week! It was calling for flurries today, but so far nothing... sigh! I would love a little bit of snow to amplify the holiday spirit around here!


xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:


This post contains commissionable links.

No comments