November Favorites


It's officially December, and the holiday season is in full swing! It feels like it was just September, fall just flew this year! I wish we could just continue with fall after the holiday season, having to live in winter is just so depressing. 😂 ANYWAYS, let me tell you about my monthly favorites!

    1. Blank Slate: My favorite morning radio show (yes I listen to morning radio), the Bobby Bones Show, has been playing this game on-air lately and it seemed so fun I had to get it! It's easy and fast-paced, we played it over at my parents' house a few weekends ago and had a blast. It's set up for up to eight people to play, but you could definitely play it with a larger group if you kept score on a notepad rather than the board the game comes with.
    2. Shirt dress: This is the perfect preppy, classic black shirt dress! I love wearing it to work with some cap-toe heels and a headband (styled post coming later this week!) Be advised, it runs LARGE. I wear a small in most brands, usually an XS in J.Crew dresses, and I sized down to an XXS in this one and it still has a relaxed fit and is plenty long enough to wear to work. It's on sale and still fully stocked in black as I'm writing this, and also comes in camel!
    3. Lovingston Winery Rotunda Red: When Kenny was out of town earlier in the month, I was driving around and the sunset was BEAUTIFUL so I stopped by one of my favorite places to grab a glass of wine and watch the sunset. This is the wine I picked, and it is so good! It's a Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Pinotage, and Petit Verdot blend. I got a bottle that my mom and I drank this past weekend!
    4. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle: This is hands-down the loveliest, sexiest, most complex, expensive-smelling perfume I've ever had! I know this is a signature scent for a lot of people, but I had never smelled it until a month or two ago and I instantly fell in love. Most of the Chanel perfumes are not my taste (except for Chance eau Tendre, I love that one) so I assumed that I wouldn't like this one, but to my surprise it's absolutely amazing! I don't think I would've liked it a couple of years ago, but my taste in perfume has broadened a lot recently. This one is great for everyday but also for nighttime, and I think it's just perfect - definitely a head-turner!
    5. Faux leather leggings: These have been a favorite of mine for the past few years, and I've been wearing them a lot this month so I had to mention them again. They're not marketed as faux leather, but they definitely give that effect. They're not a dupe for the Spanx faux leather leggings, but they're a great more affordable option. They're compressive but super comfortable, they have that "buttery" feeling that we love in a legging while still being supportive. They're 40% off right now, too!
    6. Garment tape: These little clear garment tape strips are great for securing straps and  necklines such, but I've been using them lately to secure straps of slingback heels to my ankles and they've worked like a charm! I have a pair of slingbacks that I didn't often wear because the straps are slightly too big so they constantly slip off my heels and it's just annoying, but these garment tape strips make them so easy to wear!
    7. Fall nail shades: Lately I've been going back and forth between my two favorite fall nail shades, "Malaga Wine" and "Just Lanai-ing Around" by OPI. They both look much nicer in person, especially Just Lanai-ing Around. Malaga Wine is the perfect deep wine red shade, and Just Lanai-ing Around is a beautiful brown-y mauve.
    8. Card holder: For the past couple of years, I've been using a card holder as opposed to a larger zippered wallet like I used to use. The card holder I'd been using was getting dirty and gross looking, so I ordered this one and I love it so much! The design is simple, the leather is soft and supple, and the card slots are tight but easy to get your cards in and out of.
    9. Thymes Frasier Fir: This has been my absolute favorite pine-scented candle for the past several years, and I've been burning it a ton lately now that the holidays are here. I can't describe what makes it different, it's just somehow superior to other pine candles! You can also get other products like soaps and diffusers in the Frasier Fir scent, linking the full line here.
    10. Califia Farms peppermint mocha creamer: I must admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of this when I first tried it, but it has really grown on me! At first, I felt like I could taste the coconut milk flavor in it, which didn't go well with the peppermint mocha flavor in my opinion, but the more I drank it the more I liked it. It only has 15 calories and 2g sugar per serving, and it's great if you prefer less sweet coffee flavors like I do.


I hope you're having a great week! I have been absolutely sick with dread the past week because I had a blood work appointment and I have THE most petrifying fear of needles - I nearly passed out in the shower before my appointment from anxiety. 😂 BUT it's behind me now and I LIVED, so my week is going much better now!

xoxx, Laura

This post contains commissionable links.

No comments