Trend Spotlight: Shirt Dresses


One of my go-to pieces for summertime, especially this year, is a good shirt dress. Shirt dresses come in many forms, but my most-worn style is a classic button-down cotton shirt dresses that just looks like an extra long shirt. They're easy to dress up for the office, down for the weekend, or throw on over a swimsuit as a chic cover up. Today I'm sharing some of my favorite ways to style a shirt dress, along with my favorite shirt dresses this season!

White shirt dress
Striped shirt dress (sold out in green but available in other patterns)
Black shirt dress (sold out, similar here)


There are so many great shirt dresses out this season, my favorites are from J.Crew and H&M. I just picked this one up last week before a weekend trip. It served me well as a swimsuit cover up at the pool, and then I wore it again today to the office with a rattan belt and heeled sandals. It's 100% cotton but has a linen look. Size down, it runs very oversized!


In case you're new, J.Crew is my absolute FAVORITE retailer, and I have an unhealthy obsession with their site. They always have a good selection of shirt dresses - this one is so good that I have it in two colors. It's easy to dress down and it's generous in length, so it's perfect for taller girls (and also comes in petite). I also have a tan striped version of this white midi dress and it's a great summer staple, so I just ordered the white version. I plan on swapping out the tie belt for a colorful scarf and styling it with some heeled sandals. Both dresses have a relaxed fit (as many J.Crew pieces tend to lately) so I sized down and still have plenty of room, but you could go with your usual size if you like your shirt dresses more oversized.


I hope you have a great weekend! I have a lot of relaxation planned after a busy week. I'm house and pet-sitting for my parents while they're on a trip, and I'm also heading to a cookout celebrating some friends' birthdays, which should be a blast! I'm planning on bringing one of my absolute favorite side dishes, Ina Garten's orzo with roasted vegetables. MAKE IT and let me know how much you love it! I have to admit, looking at the recipe I wouldn't necessarily think it would be as good as it is, but OMG it is addictive.


xoxx, Laura

No comments