Asian Quinoa Salad


Happy Monday! One thing that gets me in the right headspace for the week ahead is planning what I'm going to make for dinner and what I'm going to pack for lunch at work. One of my favorite meal prep recipes is this Asian quinoa salad! It's super flavorful, colorful, protein-packed, and filling. It's cold and refreshing, making it the perfect lunch option for summertime. It's also a great dish to bring to a cookout or any other type of gathering! I eat this as a main dish for lunch and it makes 4-6 servings, but if you're serving it as a side it will serve more people. You could also add some grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for some extra protein.

Asian Quinoa Salad

4-6 servings

For the Salad:

  • 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups cole slaw mix
  • 1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots (about one large carrot)
  • 1 cup diced cucumber
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (I use a whole bundle)

For the dressing:

  • 6 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos 
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (omit if you're anti-cilantro)
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha (more or less, to taste)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste (taste before adding salt, you might not need any) 

Directions:

  1.  Cook quinoa according to package instructions and let cool. 
  2. While the quinoa is cooking/cooling, prepare your vegetables.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. 
  4. In a large bowl, mix together quinoa and all other salad ingredients. Mix in the dressing. 
  5. Let sit in the fridge for an hour or more to allow flavors to meld, and enjoy!


I hope you had a great weekend! Random fact: I took the photo for this post just MINUTES before my mom called me to tell me my dad had found the kitten we now know as Monty! Looking at it makes me think of her now. 😂

 
xoxx, Laura

No comments