June Favorites

HAPPY JULY, BABY! We're in the HEART of summer, it's Fourth of July weekend, and I'm living my best. The Fourth of July is always so much fun but a little bittersweet because it always feels like the "hump" of summer, and things start winding back down after that. BUT I have to remember that there are MANY warm days to come, beautiful sunsets to watch, and fresh, local produce to enjoy! Speaking of things to enjoy, here's what I've been loving during the month of June!


    1. Bite Beauty lip crayon in "Glace:" I'm a lipstick junkie, but I usually stick within the "everyday neutrals" realm with my color choices. This is a shade I've had for years but have been wearing a lot recently now that masks are no longer required most places. The color is a nice mauve-y nude which is perfect for us cool-skin-toned girls, and this lip crayon is available in 20 shades. I like that the applicator is more precise than traditional lipstick bullets, and the formula is super creamy and comfortable. Plus, Bite Beauty is a clean brand, so you can feel good about using their products (especially lip products, which you inevitably ingest).
    2. Skin extraction tool: I hate to admit how much I love this thing. I know it is strongly advised by dermatologists and estheticians NOT to use these sorts of devices without training, but dang it I did it anyway and I don't regret it. It works well for blackheads and zits that have a "head" to them (ew), and it's gotta be better than using your fingers, right?? That's what I'm telling myself, anyway. I'm not necessarily RECOMMENDING that you use this tool, but if you do just take it slow, be gentle, and only use it after a shower when your pores are open.
    3. Tortoiseshell wine glasses: I picked up a couple of these on a whim at TJ Maxx and they're just so fun and classic! I've been drinking my kombucha out of them, ha. Also love these.
    4. Verve toothpaste: I can't often call a product *literally* life-changing, but this toothpaste has literally made my life so much better. I have suffered from canker sores my entire life, and I got a new dentist recently who recommended I try sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)-free toothpaste because SLS can be irritating to some people, and it has helped IMMENSELY! I wrote a whole post on it here if you're interested. I chose this brand because it is SLS-free but still contains fluoride - many SLS-free options do not contain fluoride, and I also picked up a couple of other options I'm going to be trying soon, too.
    5. Jergens tanning water mousse: I'm a big fan of drugstore self-tanners, and they've been getting better and better each year. This is my current favorite - I love that it's a clear water mousse, and I appreciate that it comes in a "deep" shade because I always go for the darkest shade available. It has a bit of that funky fake tanner smell once it dries down, but nothing worse than any others I've used.
    6. Signet ring: I LOVE signet rings, and I ordered this one during a Memorial Day sale and it's one of my favorite rings I own. It's super high quality, heavy, and comfortable.  The Etsy shop it's from, Don925, has become one of my favorites. They have so much unique and affordable sterling silver pieces! They have several different styles of signet rings, and they're engravable which is a fun option if you have a jeweler who can do it. I also have a skull ring from them, and I ordered a heart signet ring too because they're currently offering 15% off for the Fourth of July!
    7. Aquatic perfumes: I got an "aquatic" perfume sampler at Sephora recently, and found two new favorites from it! The first one is Clean Reserve Rain which is just purely crisp and fresh, and almost smells like skin (in a good way). The other is Replica Sailing Day which is very crisp and watery smelling, but has a hint of something muskier that makes it lean slightly masculine - it is definitely a unisex fragrance.
    8. Beach chair: As far as portable beach chairs go, the Tommy Bahama ones are my favorite! They're at Costco right now and I just grabbed another one for this summer, so I wanted to mention them. They fold up and have straps so you can carry them like a backpack, but one thing to note is that it is SO HARD to figure out how to close them back up, even though they open up like any other beach chair! Hahaha Kenny and I could NOT get ours folded last fall when we were at the beach, to the point that we carried it back up to our hotel unfolded. I asked my mom how the heck to close it because she and my dad have them too, and she sent me this YouTube video which makes it so simple and made us feel so dumb. 😂
    9. Empress gin: I'LL BE HONEST, I like this gin mostly for aesthetic purposes. Who doesn't want a vibrant purple cocktail?! Don't get me wrong, the flavor is great too. But I don't necessarily prefer it over my other favorites. It just makes a stunning drink! I like using it in a gin and tonic with a squeeze of lemon and lime juice and a splash of St. Germain.
    10. Mare of Easttown: I know the hype for this show has been everywhere, but it really is so good! It's a murder mystery set in Pennsylvania starring Kate Winslet, and I won't say too much about it, but if you like crime/mystery dramas you will love it. It's dark, but has just the right amount of comic relief and lovable characters, and it keeps moving at a good pace - I find crime shows sometimes stagnate or go in circles. 


I hope you have a fun Fourth of July weekend! It's the apex of summer, and a time to do all of the best summery things! I'll be swimming, cooking out, and drinking cocktails, at minimum!


xoxx, Laura

No comments