Favorite Perfumes for Summer 2021


To me, seasonal fashion and seasonal fragrances go hand-in-hand, and seasonal scents are such a fun way to celebrate the seasons (candles, anyone??) It feels so good to top off an outfit with a fragrance that corresponds with the vibe of your look! Today I'm sharing my favorite fragrances for summer 2021, including some old favorites and a bunch of new finds!

Notes: Aquatic Accord, Coriander, Red Seaweed Essence

Replica Sailing Day: This one is new to me this year, and it is SO fresh and aquatic. The name of it makes me truly imagine a day out sailing when I smell it. It definitely leans masculine, but I think if you took a random poll, half of people would consider it more feminine and half would say masculine.

Notes: Bergamot, White Flower, Vetiver

Clean Reserve Rain: This one is purely fresh! It's described as a watery musk which I think is the perfect description. It's clean with just a hint of musk. It's considered a unisex scent which it definitely is, but leans more feminine in my opinion - for men, I think the scent would do well in something like a body wash.

Notes: Citrus, Apple, Bamboo

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue: This is a quintessential fresh, happy perfume. It's a classic that you've probably smelled by now, and if you haven't, get on it! It's very fresh, citrusy, and aquatic, and perfect for daytime. A lot of the marketing for this fragrance involves coastal imagery, so it really makes me think of sailing off the coast of Italy, which I think is exactly they feeling that this light, aquatic scent evokes. It also comes in an intense version if you prefer something stronger, and a formulation for men as well!

Notes: Natural Coconut Absolue, White Cedarwood, Coconut Water, Ocean Mist Accord, Tiare

Nest Ocean Mist & Coconut Water: What's unique about this fragrance to me is that all of the notes seem to be represented equally. It's definitely coconutty, but not primarily so; to me the cedarwood and ocean mist elements are just as prominent. It's definitely leans warm, but not overwhelmingly so because of the aquatic notes included. It's a body mist rather than a perfume, but it's surprisingly long-lasting for a body mist.

Notes: Sicilian Lemon, Italian Bergamot, Calabrian Mandarin
Moroccan Orange Flower Absolute, Neroli Bigarade Petals, Fig Nectar
Coconut Milk, Musk, Cedarwood, Ambrox

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Azur: This is one of the most unique fragrances I own - it's hard to describe, you really have to try it yourself! It's definitely a summery scent, but not in the beachy, coconutty way you'd typically expect. It's heavy on the neroli, and brightened up a bit by all of the citrusy notes. I wouldn't call it heavy, but I also wouldn't necessarily call it fresh. It smells sexy like a beach vacation at an expensive resort, but not sweet or warm. I highly recommend you try it if you're into summer fragrances!

Notes: Blackberry, Bay Leaves, Cedarwood

Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay: This isn't necessarily a super summery fragrance, but I've been wearing it a bunch this summer so I wanted to include it! The blackberry note is very tart, so it's a good fresh, daytime fragrance. I wouldn't necessarily call it fruity, more bright and vibrant with a tiny hint of woods.

Notes: Cassis, Acacia Honey, Peach

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey: Over the past year, this has become one of my favorite fragrances! It doesn't really "fit in" with my other all-time favorite fragrances because I typically lean toward florals, while this one is very bright and fruity. To me, it smells like pure happiness! The peach note is strong, making it a great scent for summer. It also lasts ALL day on me, which is something I can only say about a select few fragrances, and this is the longest-lasting Jo Malone fragrance that I've  tried.

Notes: Driftwood, Sea Salt, Seaweed

Skylar Salt Air: To me this one smells kind of like hairspray, but in a good way, ha. It's definitely a beachy, aquatic fragrance, but without any trace of coconut of sunscreen. It's just nice and fresh and airy. Like salt air, one might say!

Notes: Lemon from Indian Ocean, Jasmine from India, Vanilla Infusion from Madagascar

Atelier Cologne Lemon Island: If you like citrus perfumes, then this one is for you! The vanilla and jasmine notes add a warm creaminess to the strong lemon note. It makes me think of a relaxing evening on the beach as the sun goes down! It's not my all-time favorite fragrance, but it's definitely nice for summer and I think you'll love it if you're into gourmand scents.


What's your favorite summer fragrance? There are so many others out there that I still want to try! 

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments