Americana Style Inspiration


Blue and white is one of my favorite color combinations to wear, throw a little red in there and you have the perfect Americana-inspired outfit! With Memorial Day (AKA the unofficial start of summer) coming up, I wanted to share some of my favorite red, white, and blue outfit inspiration for you to wear to your backyard cookout, country club, or lakeside gathering this weekend!


DRESSES

How adorable is this gingham dress with the tassel tie sleeves?! I absolutely love it, and it comes in a tank top version too.  I can't resist a good shirt dress, and this navy gingham one is on sale right now! I also love this eyelet midi dress with ruffle sleeves, ruffle sleeves are so girly and flattering. Sail To Sable tunic dresses are a preppy staple in my opinion, and they have so many great patriotic colorways! This blue and white striped one is perfect for Memorial Day weekend, and all summer long.


TOPS

I wanted a flag sweater for years, and last summer I finally splurged on one and I'm so glad I did! It's a fun, classic piece that you can wear all summer and fall, and it's the perfect thing to throw on for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July. Blue and white striped button ups are a wardrobe staple, but they're especially fun in the summertime with a pair of denim shorts. An oversized one is also great as a swimsuit cover up! And how fun is this ricrac tank?! The prep in me can't get over it.

SWIM

So many people spend Memorial Day weekend at the pool, the beach, or the lake, so you've gotta have your festive swimwear! You can't beat this red, white, and blue striped bikini.  This bow shoulder one piece is so beautiful, and comes in several colors. I have this white ruffle one piece from a few years back and it's still a favorite! Perfect for my brides out there, too. I also love this tassel wrap skirt as a cover up, and it comes in both white and navy.
 

ACCESSORIES

I've loved Jack Rogers for years, and they have really cute red white and blue classic and Sloane pairs this year. I love lace up espadrille wedges, and how cute are these red ones?! They also come in white and navy. I wear a knot headband at least a few days a week, and I think I'd wear this blue and white striped one a ton, plus it'd be adorable with a white or navy dress on Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.


I hope you had a great weekend! I'm looking forward to a long weekend next time around. 😍


xoxx, Laura

No comments