January Favorites

Just like that, we're in February! ALTHOUGH I still find myself putting 2020 when I write the date, so really the year has still just begun. You know the drill: new month, new favorites!


  1. Puffer coat: For some reason, I haven't owned a good puffer coat since high school! I wore an L.L. Bean Winter Warmer coat (which are wonderful) for several years, but something had me wanting to rejoin the puff life this year. I ordered this one because I liked that both the faux fur detailing and the hood are removable so I can mix it up, and that it has feather lining. Andrew Marc has a lot of other great coats on sale right now.
  2. Mattress pad: Kenny and I have had a WILD RIDE of picking out a new mattress for over a year, and for a while we ended up with one that was so firm we almost broke our backs trying to get comfortable on it. 😂 We ended up returning that one and going with one we like MUCH more, but gave the original one a good try (apparently there's break-in involved with many varieties of mattresses). We ended up ordering this mattress pad on Amazon that made it SO much more comfortable to lay on, I love a good mattress pad and definitely recommend this one. We had the 3" which was definitely luxurious and wonderful, but we probably could've gotten the 2" too and been just as happy.
  3. OPI I Couldn't Bare Less: This has been my nail color of the month, and it has put me absolutely in love with milky, translucent polishes. I've always loved neutrals, but I was surprised at how much I loved this even more toned-down one (I linked a photo of my nails here). My other favorite translucent nail color is Chiffon My Mind; it's slightly more opaque and has the littlest bit of shimmer. It's the color I wore for my wedding!
  4. Nerds gummy clusters: I'm not gonna lie, I got these because I saw them on Tana Mongeau's Insta story. 😂 They're straight up just bite size Nerds Ropes, and sooo good! I remember getting Nerds Ropes at the concession stand after softball games when I was a kid, and these take me back.
  5. Heart knot headband: I fell completely in love with this headband the second I saw it! I'm a total sucker for J.Crew knotted headbands, and I had to add this one to my collection. It's super cute for Valentine's Day and year round. It goes in and out of stock, I also love this one and this one which are both similar.
  6. Bonanza Cabernet Sauvignon: I saw someone mention that this wine is made by the same winemaker of Caymus Vineyards and I had to try it. I got a bottle and my mom and I shared it on her birthday at the beginning of the month and we both fell in love! It's under $30 (I find it at Harris Teeter) and so delicious. My mom prefers white wine and we usually have different opinions about reds, but we agreed that this one was a keeper.
  7. Relaxing candles: I love burning a candle in a relaxing scent for bedtime. I picked up some new "relaxing" candles to try, and I love all of them! I was excited to try Chamomile Bergamot because my mom has it in a hand soap and it smells really unique. I also got Lavender Cedarwood because I have the pillow mist in that scent and it's really nice. I grabbed a Lavender Vanilla because I've had that one in the past and it's cozy smelling without being TOO sweet from the vanilla.
  8. Printer: You know you're old when you start getting excited over printers. Kenny and I have been needing a printer for simple things like shipping labels and documents, so his sister got us this one for Christmas and we've loved it so far. It's white and sleek, and the paper tray folds down to keep it small for storage. It has a scanner on it which is really nice, and there's an app associated with it which makes it super easy for me to scan photo prints from my disposable cameras right to my phone. You can even crop them before you scan so they don't have any white space around them.
  9. The Flight Attendant: I saw the buzz about this show on Instagram, so I gave it a try. I loved it! The plot itself isn't very realistic, but the characters are awesome and it keeps your interest the whole time. A show I am NOT loving right now despite all the hype is Bridgerton! I feel bad for even saying that 😂 But I just can't get into it. I'm about halfway through but I can only handle like half an episode at a time before I get bored, which is so unlike me! I find myself switching to Bling Empire, which is super dramatic and shallow and I love it haha.
  10. "Miami" salad: I heard about this salad recipe from Stephanie Ledda, and it sounded so good I had to try it. It was made popular by Dara Kaye on Instagram, and she really did something. You basically just mix together chickpeas, artichoke hearts, Castelvetrano olives, and Persian cucumbers with Cesar dressing. I made a big batch to bring to work for lunch one week and OMG is it good! I ended up adding kale to mine just to add a little extra something, of course you can tweak the ingredients however you want. If you love antipasto salads, you have to try it!

I hope you had a great weekend! We had some SNOW which I've been wishing for, so that made me so happy! 
 
xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments