Camel for Hump Day 🐫

HEYO! I'm back today with an outfit I wore to work recently, featuring a sweater dress from somewhere I honestly don't think I've shopped from in ten years... Hollister!


My first job back in high school was at Hollister working as an associate (or as they called us back then "model" - so fancy), and I absolutely love working there. My coworkers and managers were so fun, and I genuinely enjoyed the organizational aspect of keeping all the clothes stacked and stocked (do you remember how precisely all the size stickers lined up on stacks of folded shirts??) While I haven't been a loyal Hollister shopper in many years, I was so sad when my local store closed down last year! I had so many memories there, it was strange to see it go!

Dress | Button down | Similar boots | LV Speedy Bandouliere 30


I wasn't sure what to expect from this dress since I hadn't shopped from Hollister in forever, but I absolutely love it! It's relatively thin, but super soft and I like that it has the slightest mock neck, and the sleeves are almost puff sleeves around the wrists. I also love the ribbed pattern. I ended up getting it in a small tall because Hollister dresses and skirts tend to run short, and I'm definitely glad I got a tall - I think any shorter and it would've been too short for my taste (I'm 5'7"). It comes in a midi version too - the camel is almost sold out, but it also comes in gray! 


I'm linking some other tan and brown sweater dresses in different styles - I've heard great things about this Amazon one, and it comes in a ton of colors.





I decided to layer a slim-fitting white button up underneath the sweater dress to make it preppier and a little more office-y, and I think it layers perfectly. You could also layer with a flannel or tie a denim jacket around the waist for a more casual look.


It is SO warm in Virginia today! It's been warming up overall, but it hit the low 60's this afternoon which feels so nice compared to the below-freezing temps we've been having. To be honest, spring is my least favorite season - I absolutely hate when it's freezing in the morning (I literally slipped and fell on ice this morning) and warm in the afternoon, and I don't like all the rain and moisture that typically comes! BUT if that's what it takes to get us to summer, I'll take it. And I'm not gonna lie, the mini heat wave has me craving a rooftop cocktail.


Have a great rest of your day!

xoxx, Laura 

SHOP THE POST:

No comments