October Favorites

 Permission to complain? Permission granted (by me). YOU GUYS, I had this entire post all drafted and scheduled to release this morning, but last night I pulled it up on my phone to save the collage and it CLEARED OUT the whole post and auto-saved it... So let's hope the second time writing it is the charm. 😂 Luckily it's a favorites post, and they're my favorite posts to write! 

I can't believe we're already to November, aka THE HOLIDAYS! I love the time between Halloween and Thanksgiving when it's still fall, but everyone's gearing up for the holiday season. I've mentioned this before, but I think Thanksgiving has surpassed Christmas as my favorite holiday. It has just as much food and family time without all the stress of Christmas! Plus, I just love baking pies for my fam. 

Onto my October favorites! I had a little trouble coming up with a full list this month for some reason, but there's still some good stuff this month!

  1. Amazon sunglasses: I ordered these sunglasses sort of on a whim, but I've worn the heck out of them this month! They're all I wore on our beach trip, and I think they're the perfect "mid-sized" cat eye, not too big, not too small. I like the vintage-inspired shape, and I think they'd be flattering on many different face shapes. Only $13 and come in 7 colors!
  2. Old Navy adjustable masks: I never thought I'd be on the internet talking about my favorite washable face masks, but hi, here I am. I've tried a handful of different affordable reusable face masks, and the adjustable ones from Old Navy have been my favorite. I don't know why more places don't sell adjustable face masks! These are inexpensive ($12.50 for a pack of 5), good quality, washable, and triple-layered. They come in a zillion different colors (including some holiday options), as well as non-adjustable and kids sizes.
  3. Amazon dress: This one is a bit random since we're not really wearing sundresses anymore, but I had to share because of how surprised with the quality of this dress I was! I ordered it for a photo shoot back in the summer, and liked it so much I ordered another color for our anniversary beach trip/a rehearsal dinner we had. It's so comfortable, and the sleeves actually stay up (although you can also wear them off the shoulder). It's under $32, comes in nine colors, and is also available in seven floral colorways and a short version.
  4. Ice Pink Yeti tumbler: At this point I feel like everyone who's gonna be team Yeti is already team Yeti, so for those of you who are, I wanted to highlight this new limited edition Ice Pink colorway they released. I had been wanting another 20oz tumbler because I use the heck out of my white one, and when I saw the new Ice Pink color, I had to get one. They only released a handful of products in the new color, including the 14oz coffee mug which is another favorite of mine.
  5. Nespresso Kahawa ya Congo: Since getting my Nespresso machine last Christmas, I've been working my way through their catalog of different coffees. The Kahawa ya Congo roast is a new favorite of mine, it's a level 6 intensity and nice and smooth.
  6. Morphe Madison Beer eyeshadow palette: When I first saw this palette, I just about gagged at the color scheme (in a good way). I in NO way needed another eyeshadow palette, but for the price, I just had to have it. Full price it's only $22, but it's also eligible for Ulta's coupons, so I ended up getting mine for under $20. All of the shades are nice and wearable, and I love that it includes both warm and cool tones. I also appreciate that it comes with a black, because I use black shadow almost every day to deepen the outer V of my eye.
  7. Serial podcast: I'm fairly certain that I'm the last person on planet earth to get into this podcast, but I've finally experienced it and I really enjoyed it. The first season was the most interesting to me - I'm dying to know what actually happened. I also love the narrator, she's so sharp and I like her dry sense of humor. If you're into true crime podcasts and live under a rock like me, then I highly recommend listening to season one and the update episodes that were recorded later.
  8. Cap toe slingback heels: I ordered these shoes during lockdown in anticipation of getting to wear them to work once I was back in the office, and I've loved styling them lately. I've appreciated having them as an option now that we're into fall and open-toed shoes aren't an option anymore. They're a preppy classic and a great dupe for the $875 Chanel ones. The stock on the ones I have goes in and out, but I also love this affordable Amazon pair, and this pair from Express that's on sale for $40 right now!
  9. Caudalie Thé des Vignes: I mentioned this perfume in Friday's post, and it's been a major favorite this month! My friend Ewa recommended it, and I've since recommended it to all my friends, I think it's a fragrance that a lot of people would love. The notes are ginger, neroli, orange blossom, and jasmine, and to me it smells fresh, musky, botanical, and sensual all at the same time. It reminds me of Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume, and it's said to be a dupe for Le Labo Santal 33, but I've never tried that one so I can't compare. The best part is it's only $39 for 1.6 oz (on sale for $33 right now!) The only downside to me is that it's an eau fraiche, so it's not as long lasting as an eau de toilette or an eau de parfum, but for the price I can't complain.
  10. Family Feud: This one is so random, but Kenny and I have loved watching Family Feud lately! 😂 We watched it before bed at the beach a couple of nights, and we've been watching it at home sometimes now. It's fun to play along with the contestants and Steve Harvey is hilarious.

 

I hope you had a great (and safe) Halloween weekend! On Friday, Kenny and I went to a haunted forest attraction with a couple of friends and that was really fun. We've loved going there in years past (Kenny's and my first real date was there back in 2014!), so I was glad they were still able to operate this year since it's outside. On Saturday we had a slow day, watched the Virginia Tech football game with my parents, and then ordered takeout and watched Sinister at our friend's house. I had high expectations for Sinister because I've heard a lot of people rave about it, but it was just okay! Yesterday, we met up with Kenny's sister, her husband, our new niece (!!) and Kenny's mom at a brewery to celebrate his sister's birthday. Then before we went home, I hit up Bath & Body Works to scope out the Christmas candles. I stocked up post-season last year so I don't NEED any more Christmas candles, but...

xoxx, Laura

No comments