Twist on a Basic White Shirt

Happy new week! I was gonna say happy Monday because I meant to get this post up yesterday, but happy day all the same! I'm back today with a good ol' twist on a classic - the basic white button up shirt! Plain white button ups are a workwear staple and something everyone has in their closet (or should!), but sometimes need a little spicing up.

Similar shirt | Jeans | Shoes | Sunglasses | LV Pochette Accessories NM


I can't seem to resist upgraded versions of basic white shirts, they're so practical and fun! This ruffle sleeve blouse has been in my closet for a few years now (also featured here) and I love it so much. It makes me happy every time I wear it, even if my dad and brother make fun of it every time I do. 😂 I found a similar version here for $26! It comes in petite, too.

If your office allows casual attire (we're allowed to wear jeans on Friday), an outfit like this is a cute and easy option. Just grab your favorite white shirt, jeans (these are my absolute favorites - 50% off today!), and some cute shoes (like these Chanel dupes).

There are SO many cute "upgraded" basic white shirts available right now, I'm including some of my favorites in the widget above! I really love this bow neck one, it's so fun with a skirt for work, and currently 50% off.      

Oh, you're wondering why flowers are still blooming in these photos? That's because I took them back in August. 😂 I've been sitting on them, I don't know why! If you've made it this far in the post we'll just call it our little secret.

 Y'all want me to link my hair tie? 😂 I can never seem to remember to take it off my wrist!

Have you watched Schitt's Creek? Kenny and I started it about a year ago and were so not into it, but my bff is obsessed and begged me to give it a second chance. Once we tried it again we loved it! We finished the final season last night, and the ending was good but so emotional!! I was glad they had a bonus behind-the-scenes episode so we didn't have to say goodbye QUITE yet (although that episode was emotional too). I'm so sad it's over, and if I want to rewatch it I'm gonna have to do it on my own because Kenny's not a big show rewatcher, no matter how good the show is! That makes one of us, I'm currently rewatching Gossip Girl for what might realistically be the eighth or ninth time, I've lost count. 😂 Something about the holiday season always inspires me to watch it again (I love the Thanksgiving episodes), so here I am!

Last random thing I have to say: you have GOT to save this brown butter blondies recipe to make next time you're craving something sweet! I made it twice this weekend it was so good. Brown butter is the absolute best baking ingredient, if you've never tried it you MUST. I questioned the recipe a little because it said they could be made in an 8x8 pan or a loaf pan and those are two very different pans, but I tried both and both work, the loaf pan just needs to be baked a few minutes longer.

I hope you have a great week, one more work week til Thanksgiving week!

xoxx, Laura

No comments