Perfectly Preppy

Happy Monday! Or as my coworker called it this morning "Moan-day." 😂 She ain't wrong. Today I wanted to share an easy, dressy-casual preppy outfit that I wore recently, made up of some of my favorite wardrobe staples.

Sweater | Button up | Skirt | Shoes
Sunglasses | LV Pochette Accessories NM

To me, much of what defines something as "preppy" is its ability remain basic yet stylish year after year. Today that's what we're working with - some of my favorite wardrobe staples that I've worn and loved season after season! The older I get, the more I prefer simple, easy to style, pieces that I'll wear for years over trendier pieces.

When it comes to sweaters, I prefer quality over quantity. I absolutely hate it when I get a sweater and it starts pilling and pulling the first time I wear it. A certain amount of care and maintenance goes into owning high-quality sweaters, but they're so much better than cheap sweaters that you have to get rid of after one season. J.Crew is one of my go-to retailers for high quality sweaters, and this gray cashmere sweater is one of my favorites. I like wearing it over my shoulders, and also over top of a button up shirt.

These shoes have been a favorite lately, so much so that I included them in my October favorites post! They're great for the office, work for any season, and match just about everything.

Another preppy classic, cat eye sunglasses! There are a few different pairs I love, and these are some of my favorites. They're under $100, good quality, and come in tortoiseshell and black.

Last but not least, this white button up shirt! Something about the material of Ralph Lauren button ups is unbeatable - it's thick and opaque without being heavy, and has a very slight texture to it. I've worn this one for so many years that I definitely need a new one, it's getting dingy!

I hope you had a great weekend! Kenny and I had a chill night in on Friday. On Saturday we met our friend for brunch at our favorite place and walked around downtown. We took a sporadic day trip to Charlottesville afterwards, which is one of our favorite ways to spend a Saturday. On Sunday, we met at my parents' house for lunch to celebrate my brother's birthday, and then hung around with them for the rest of the evening watching football and listening to my brother play his new banjo. 😅😂

xoxx, Laura

SHOP THE POST:

No comments