Bath & Body Works Holiday Candle Favorites

Happy almost-Thanksgiving! Even though Thanksgiving isn't yet behind us, it's almost officially the Christmas season (although I know a lot of you have been in the Christmas spirit since the day after Halloween). I used to be very strict about celebrating Christmas only AFTER Thanksgiving had come and gone, but something switched inside me last year and I got decorated a little before Thanksgiving. I didn't break out my decorations TOO early this year, but I also didn't condemn everyone who decked their halls the day after Halloween like I normally would have. 😂

One of my favorite things about the holiday season is burning holiday candles! I usually save most of my holiday candles until after Thanksgiving, but I have broken some of them out already. Today I wanted to share my favorite holiday candles from Bath & Body Works because that's where most of mine are from. (I also linked my favorites from Target here!) As a bonus, these are all buy three, get three free for Black Friday right now!

 

 

First I wanted to highlight my favorite candles that I purchase year after year, as well as a couple that are new to me that I picked up this year and have been loving. I'm including links to all of the different "styles" of each scent if there's more than one, and listing the notes for each one along with my personal descriptions of each of them.

Fresh Balsam (2, 3, 4, 5) (Woodland Balsam, Crisp Eucalyptus, Fir Branches, Cedarwood): This is just the quintessential Bath & Body Works holiday candle. When I think of holiday scents, I think of the smell of pine, and that's just what this is!

Evergreen (White Fir Needles, Fresh Cedarwood, Sweet Sap): This is another great pine-scented candle, but is more "manly" in my opinion. Not in a cologne-y sort of way, more of in a heavier, more rustic pine way.  

Winter (2, 3, 4) (White Woods, Pine Needles, Sparkling Clementine, Spiced Clove): This is my FAVORITE winter candle! I was candle shopping with Kenny years ago and he picked this one out, and it's been our go-to ever since. I like burning it after Christmas too because it isn't inherently Christmassy-smelling. Clove is definitely a prominent note, and it's just unlike any candle I've ever had.

Vanilla Balsam (Balsam Fir, Frosted Vanilla, Snowcapped Pine Needles): This one basically smells identical to Fresh Balsam, with just a TOUCH of vanilla underneath. Not overly sweet at all, that's why I like it. It's just a little something different from the usual pine-scented candles.

Spiced Apple Toddy (2, 3, 4) (Warm Apple Brandy, Spiced Plum, Tart Cranberry, Cinnamon Stick): To me this is more of a fall candle, but they release it for the holiday season too. It's warm and comforting, so it works for both. It's a classic apple cinnamon fragrance with a slight twist of plum and cranberry.

The Perfect Christmas (2) (Fresh Cut Pine, Cinnamon Sugar, Toasted Marshmallow): This one is new to me this year, but it really is the perfect Christmas candle. It's primarily cinnamon-pine smelling to me, followed by a hint of sweetness, but isn't nearly as sweet as the notes would lead you to believe. 

Winter Candy Apple (2, 3) (Candied Apples, Crisp Pears, Oranges): I absolutely love this scent because it has so many memories attached to it - this is one of my best friend's signature scent, and it will always remind me of Christmas break in college when we started hanging out a lot. Every time I smell someone wearing the body spray of it in public I think of  her! If this scent didn't have sentimental value to it I'm not sure I would've picked it out myself, but it really does have a fun and unique sweet fruit scent, you just have to smell it to understand! 


 

Next up are my "honorable mentions" - candles I don't currently own but are still ones that I enjoy and I think a lot of other people will, too!

Twisted Peppermint (2, 3) (Cool Peppermint, Sugared Snow, Vanilla Buttercream, Fresh Balsam, Hint of Musk): Like the name insinuates, this smells like peppermint with a twist. It's mostly sweet and minty like a mint you get at a restaurant, but has a little something extra with just a hint of freshness from the balsam and musk. Every year I hold off on purchasing this one because I just don't know if I'll like my whole house smelling like peppermint, but for as long as I've considered it, I feel like I just need to give it a try.

Crushed Candy Cane (Crunchy Peppermint, White Sugar Crystals, Frosted Mint Leaf): This one truly smells like a candy cane! It's very minty with a hint of sweetness, nothing more!

Mahogany Balsam (2, 3) (Juniper Berry, Fresh Balsam, Mahogany Wood): This one's not personally my cup of tea, but I had to mention it because I know a lot of people will like it. If you're familiar with the original Mahogany Teakwood candle (it smells like old-school Abercrombie cologne), then this is a great option for wintertime with the evergreen notes added in.

Holiday (Red Cinnamon Stick, Christmas Clove Buds, Ground Nutmeg): Kenny described this one as "Fireball in a candle" and he's definitely right. 😂 It's strong on cinnamon, followed by clove and nutmeg, making a classic Christmas spice candle.

Fireside (Smoked Cedar, Fresh Clove Bud, Warm Embers): This one is very woodsy and smoky, which is something that my brother loves so I got it for him for his birthday earlier this month! Plus the jar design is more on the "manlier" side, so it works for him. 😂

'Tis The Season (2, 3, 4) (Rich Red Apple, Sweet Cinnamon, Cedarwood): This is a nice Christmassy take on a classic apple cinnamon fragrance with the addition of a hint of cedarwood.

Tree Farm (Crisp Pine Needle, Warm Cedar, Spiced Apple): Really the only reason this one is on the honorable mentions list for me is because I already have so many pine-scented candles, otherwise I'd totally buy it! To me it's the truest fresh pine scent that Bath & Body Works has, it smells exactly like a cold day at a Christmas tree farm.

 

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and a great weekend! Let me know if there's an amazing holiday candle out there that I simply must get, I'm ALWAYS down for more candles, I basically devote half my linen closest to them. 😂

xoxx, Laura

No comments