Makin' My Way Downtown

Happy Friday! I'm back today with some more photos from my talented friend, Alyssa! This is the third series of photos from our downtown session (check out the others here and here if you missed them!) and really highlights downtown Harrisonburg.

Similar shirt | Similar skirt (another, another) | Heeled sandals | Woven tote



I grew up just a few blocks from the heart of downtown Harrisonburg, so it's always held a special place in my heart. I spent countless weekends, Fourths of July, and New Years Eves downtown with my friends walking around, getting dinner, and making memories. My friends and I still always make it a point to spend time together downtown when we're all home.




In case you didn't know, Kenny and I got married in the gorgeous Victorian house behind me! (Actually, we got MARRIED married at the darling church next door, but we had our reception at the house so that's where most of the fun was had.) The historic Joshua Wilton House is now a fine dining restaurant and bed and breakfast, and it was the absolute perfect place to host our family and friends for our wedding day. We've had many fun and sentimental dinners there, and it holds such a special place in my heart that I can't help but come back to visit (stalk) it, ha. It's even more special that we had our wedding within walking distance of where I grew up, in the city where Kenny and I met and have gone on countless dates, and where I've spent so much time throughout my life.




Let's talk about this shirt - I'm very in to eyelet and puff sleeves at all times, but especially this season since they're both on trend. My particular one is sold out, but this one is similar and from the same retailer!




This denim skirt is a favorite and a summer staple. My exact one is from Old Navy but it's sold out (it'll come back, I've had mine three years and they always bring it back), but have a bunch of other great denim skirt options still available.


Hi, it's me!




Only Alyssa could make a parking deck look good. I hope you have an unbelievable weekend! It's calling for rain here and Kenny's going to be gone for the weekend, so I'm anticipating early nights and lots of snuggling with Roxy girl.

xoxx, Laura

No comments