Palm Cove

Happy Friday, y'all! WHEW, has it been a week! The weather has been rainy and gross pretty much all week and I'm missing the sun.

I had to get my first BLOOD DRAW yesterday, which was a traumatic experience, but not as traumatic as I built it up to be in my mind, ha. If you know me, then you know that needles are my #1 fear on this earth and I can barely stay conscious through a finger prick test. Even THINKING about needles makes my hands weak and sweaty. I've always feared the day that I'd need to get blood drawn, and my clock on that ran out this week! Luckily, I had the sweetest, most skilled tech working with me, and I am truly so grateful to have had her. She didn't make me feel dumb for being absolutely TERRIFIED, and the whole thing was as quick and easy as it could've been (even though they had to draw FIVE viles of blood 😫). Now that I SURVIVED my blood draw AGAINST ALL ODDS, I'm definitely ready for the weekend, haha.


Alright enough of my dramatics, onto the outfit of the day! This outfit is my all-white version of my outfit from last week, and I can't decide which one I like better! The tee shirt is from the same line as the other one, so the fit is exactly the same (relaxed and oversized, I sized down). They're from H&M's Desmond & Dempsey line, which has so much cute, tropical stuff!


This skirt is a new favorite of mine this year. For the past couple of years I had a raw hem white denim skirt, but it was TOO white and too short for my taste. This one is much nicer, a more modest length, and more of an off white than a stark white. I've even worn it to the office! It's slightly stretchy which makes it super comfy, and runs slightly large (I'm in a 0 and it has a bit of extra room). It's on sale right now for $25.


I'm not gonna lie to you, these shoes are NOT comfy. 😂 The height is no problem, but they always give me such a bad blister on my heel when I walk in them for any length of time! Don't get me wrong, I still consider them a wardrobe staple and I love the cognac color, but they KILL my heels! I know a lot of people love them though, so it might just be me.


I know you've seen my necklaces 100 times, but I always like to feature them! My 1994 coin necklace was a birthday gift for my "golden birthday," but there are plenty of similar affordable options out there, including this one from Amazon. My paperclip necklace is from Amazon too (currently an extra 30% off)! It's relatively long, but it's easy to adjust if you want to wear it at more of a choker length.


I hope you have a glorious weekend! I have a new lease on life after living through my bloodwork, so I'm planning on living it up. 😂 I still have friends in town working from home, so I'm hoping to see them if the weather cooperates for us to be able to hang out outside! 

xoxx, Laura 

No comments