My 26th Birthday! Just Rambling + Random Clothing Haul

It's Virgo season, and yesterday I turned 26! I've never felt sad about birthdays before, but I know that a lot of people get bummed about turning a year older, and I'm scared that I'm going to start feeling that way! I hope I never do, what does it matter, anyway??



Outfit linked here
I had to re-share my favorite photos from one of my recent posts for my birthday because they're just too fun! Flowers as confetti!

I had such a fun birthday weekend, and took yesterday off too to keep the fun going, because why not? On Friday, I did my friend's makeup for her bridal portraits and we had a blast! I know the photos turned out just amazing. When we were done, we came back to my house and had Bloody Mary's because we both LOVE them, and most of our other friends don't. 😂

On Saturday, my parents and Kenny and I headed out of town to a vineyard that my mom and I have been wanting to try. BUT when we got there, it was insanely crowded! We didn't want to stick around and have to fight for a table, so luckily we live around a bunch of great vineyards, so we picked another one to visit (Barboursville Vineyards!) and had a great time there. We snagged a table in the Library 1821 and it was so nice! It was a hot one outside, so I know that Kenny especially was glad to be inside in the AC, haha. We ordered a lovely cheese board, and Kenny got some yummy vegetable and pesto pasta. Before we left, we got a celebratory bottle of spumante that my mom and I had tried and really enjoyed.


Dress | Shoes


After our wine, we walked around the grounds of the vineyard. It's on the property of the former governor's mansion that burned down in the early 20th century, but the ruins are still standing and they're so cool to see. 

 


Later that evening when we got home, Kenny and I were tired and craving lo mein! It started raining like crazy, so we called it an early night, got takeout, and watched a movie (which I fell asleep during, haha).

On Sunday, my parents had a cookout with Kenny and me, my brother, and our two grandma's. I hadn't gotten to spend time with either of them since before COVID began, so it was great to get to see them and catch up. My dad grilled burgers and hot dogs (regular and veggie!), and my mom made pound cake for dessert (my favorite!), and we spent the rest of the evening at their house catching up with my parents and my brother.


On Monday (my actual birthday), I took off of work (who wants to work on their birthday on a MONDAY?). My mom and I went to Costco in the morning (#just26things) and then took a trip out to visit my granddad's grave before heading downtown for brunch at our favorite little place, Heritage Bakery. They had lemon poppyseed cupcakes, so I had to get one because I can't resist a lemon dessert, especially on my birthday.



There's a self-guided "pollinator walk" downtown that takes you by all of the flower beds that have recently been planted for bees, so after lunch we strolled through that to look at all of the flowers. My mom's great at gardening and loves flowers in general, so I always learn something from her when plants are involved! Later in the afternoon, we went to one of our favorite farmers markets that's on an orchard to get some peaches and apples!

When we got back to my parents' house, we broke out the bubbly from Saturday, and had a cheese board and hung out on their deck for the rest of the evening. Kenny and my dad joined when they got off work. I was planning on getting dinner with Kenny once he got home, but we were having such a good time just relaxing outside that we stayed home.

Barboursville Vineyards Blanc de Blancs
 

I had such a fun and relaxing birthday, I'm so glad I got to spend the whole weekend with Kenny and my family!

I wanted to share a little random haul of the clothes I've picked up recently because there are a lot of good sales going on right now. I got a few dresses in the J. Crew sale that I'm so excited to wear (one of which I wore twice over the weekend!)



One dress I'm not able to add to the widget above but wanted to mention because it's SO good is this yellow midi (pictured here)! It's currently on sale for about $27 which is a great deal. It's cut very generously, I recommend sizing down 1-2 sizes from your usual size; I sized down one size but I definitely could've done two. It's SO comfy, looks great with flats or heels, and you can style the waist tie however you want.

I also wanted to mention this "peasant" dress from Amazon because it's so much lovelier than I ever imagined it would be. I got it for a photo shoot and I wasn't expecting much from the quality, but it fits so well and just hangs beautifully. I sized down because I wanted to be able to wear the sleeves on my shoulders rather than off and I didn't want them to be too loose. It fit perfectly! (Although if you have a larger bust, I'd recommend sticking with your usual size.) It comes in nine different colors, I got the green and it isn't see through.

LAST THING - I have a tip for my loungewear lovers out there: if you aren't shopping at H&M for sweats and the like, you should be! More specifically, the men's section. I was looking for a light yellow sweatshirt and found this one at H&M in the men's section, and it's much less expensive than those that I've found anywhere else, even Amazon! The stock is usually better in the men's section, plus everything is slightly oversized, and isn't that what we all want?

Happy Tuesday, I hope your week is going just swimmingly!

xoxx, Laura

No comments